Julie & Julia . . . absolutely FANTASTIC!

I just returned from seeing Julie & Julia - and I absolutely ADORED it! It was Wonderful, Delightful and Charming . . . I found myself sitting in the theater with a smile on my face from the moment it started to the moment it ended, just soaking in the fun of these characters and this movie.

It interested me not only because of my love of cooking, but also due to my recent interest in blogging. I watched this movie feeling very much like Julie Powell, who was at a point in her life were she wanted to make a difference - to do something that mattered. Her idea to blog the process of cooking all of Julia's recipes in 1 year came from a strong desire within herself to do something incredible, and see it through from start to finish. Amy Adams was excellent! and Meryl Streep was phenomenal - seconds into the movie I truly forgot I was watching Meryl Streep and just enjoyed Julia Child. Really, the lady is brilliant and I can't say much more about her.

Nora Ephron did it again . . . I'll be adding it to my list of favorite Nora Ephron movies (along with You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and When Harry Met Sally.)

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see it!! Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think of it once you've seen it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!