Me Cranky

I’m in a terribly cranky mood. It started this morning, and I’ve been having a really hard time getting out of it. It seems like everything I came in contact with this morning totally aggravated me. Did you ever have one of those days? I’m not proud of it. . . and frankly, I have absolutely NOTHING to be cranky about. Somewhere deep inside my head, I know that. Getting the rest of me in line with that is something else.

I make a conscious effort to keep my eyebrows up. I have an expressive and pretty animated face that clearly wears it’s feelings on it. It’s hard to hide when I’m sad, aggravated or even down right angry. And today is turning out to be no exception. Today, the eyebrows are down. . . bummer.

Today is a cloudy, rainy day. That doesn’t help the mood. I forgot to put on my engagement ring this morning (I only have my wedding band on right now, which is alright, but makes me feel “off”.) I forgot to put earrings on this morning. My eye glasses broke this morning - while sitting right at the kitchen table, the side stick just cracked (the type of break that crazy glue couldn’t fix), so I can’t see things very clearly right now. The rain has given me a sinus headache. My eyes are sore. I think I need to have a pity party right about now . . . want to join me? blah, blah, blah. . .

But then again . . . Wait a minute.

Wait just a minute.

I just remembered something.

Something that is slowly . . . making . . . me . . . smile.

This morning, after putting the finishing touches on the hair (you already know that I have hair issues), I walked out of my bathroom and found little Ella sitting on the floor waiting right there for me. I said, “Morning, Baby. How are you?” and she looked up at me, knowing that I just finished getting myself ready for the day, and said, “Mommy pretty.”

There. Mommy pretty.

Isn’t it wonderful . . . to have this little person think your pretty. Especially on a day when your not feeling so pretty? Mommy pretty.

I guess that is really all I need to remember. That to Ella, I am pretty. And you know what? My eyebrows are up, again. I’m going to try and keep them that way.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!