May I Share My Roses With You?

As I blogged earlier in the week, last Saturday I was a lucky girl who got to spend a day in the Scrapbook Cellar with dear, inspiring friends. And while I was there, all kid-free with creativity flowing, my dear husband was home playing Mr. Mom. Let me tell you, he is an incredible Mr. Mom. The girls love nothing more than a day with Daddy all to themselves.

And me . . . SO INCREDIBLY LUCKY. Not only for my "day", but because when I returned home I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of the most gorgeous red roses. Katie was so excited to show them to me, "Mommy, we bought you Roses! We bought you Roses!!!" she squealed. And I was equally as excited to receive them. Phil doesn't give flowers very often, and believe me, I am NOT writing this to make him feel bad (HONESTLY, HONEY! I'm NOT!). He just knows that I would probably not want him spending money on flowers for me and would rather he use the money for something else (like, maybe a bottle of wine, or something like that - hee hee). But I admit - I do occasionally joke that Phil's idea of giving flowers is usually when I receive a phone call from him stating, "Ummm - Roses are on sale at Jewel. Do you want any?" Seriously, though. Not getting them very often makes the moments when I do get them that much better. And these on Saturday . . . are . . . . beautiful.

Tonight as I was going up to bed I honestly stopped and looked at them . . . for at least 10 minutes. Then I had to go and grab my camera and take their picture.


Each flower has opened so perfectly - I can't remember ever seeing a dozen roses open as lovely as these. After shooting a couple photos, I had to come and immediately share them - with YOU. I don't know if you have flowers around you often, or not. But whatever your case may be, I truly want to share mine with you.

Just beautiful. Do you want to know what else makes these so incredible? He didn't go to a special florist or an expensive shop. He picked them up while grocery shopping with the girls at Walmart! (SERIOUSLY!!! I don't know what I love more, 1)the fact that he was grocery shopping with the girls, or 2) the fact that he bought me flowers while doing it.) Yes, as I said, I AM a LUCKY GIRL, for so many reasons. And PG . . . . he did real good!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!