Thankful, Grateful, and Why


It's Friday. We made it through another week (Thankful). And while I'm feeling a tad bit drained in the brain, (and am spending this wonderful day off getting caught up on laundry laundry laundry) I seem to be having a big ol'Love Fest in my heart today that I just had to write about. You see, I feel like I'm in a good place right now (YEA!!!) Those of you who have been reading along in my blog have witnessed some "not so good" emotions the past couple months. But lately . . . Clarity. Peacefulness. Balance. Thankfulness. Gratefulness.

Ah. That feels good.

The thing is. . . . I am blessed, and I know it. I've written before about my ARMY . . . and today I feel I have to write about some more blessings. You see, I am surrounded by amazing people. People who I know, and people who I don't know. People who I speak with daily, and people who I've never spoken with at all. People who, by their words and actions, have managed to fill my heart with joy . . . all in the past 24 hours.

For My Mother-in-law: I am so very Grateful for my mother-in-law, Rita. Why? Well, she'll kill me for writing about her right now. But I feel the need to mention, albeit brief, how grateful I am for her. After my "Million Dollar Plan" post on Wednesday, Rita sent me an email that included some of the kindess things ever said to me. Honestly. While I will keep the message private between us (as she requested), I want to acknowledge that her belief in me is stronger than what I have in myself, and that is something special and something I am so grateful for. Thank you, Rita.

For A New "Blog Buddy" - Kiki: I am so very Grateful for the internet. Seriously. Why? Because it is amazing how you can become connected with someone who you would otherwise never have an opportunity to meet. I have a new "friend". . . well, let's call her a new "Blog Buddy". Kiki. (Visit her blog and get to know this Good Idea Girl a little more.) I have never met her, she happened to stumble upon my blog after reading a comment I wrote on another one. How amazing . . . that through the words we write on our blogs, we have identified our similarities and enjoy what each other writes. It's blows my mind that she can write something about her day in Minnesota and while I write of mine here in Chicago, and the internet brings us all together. Today, Kiki paid me the nicest compliment I think anyone could ever receive . . . she said, "I so wish you lived down the street so we could go have a cup of coffee!" I mean, to have a cup of coffee with someone is to say, "Hey, I want to hear more of what you have to say, and I want to say some things, too . . . let's talk." And really, isn't that the best compliment? For someone to want to hear you "talk". . . for someone to truly want to hear what you have to say? Kiki also happens to be the first "unknown to me" person who commented on my blog when I first started writing one. I was so excited to see that this person who I didn't know took the time to comment on what I had to say. You became a friend for life at that time - Thank you, Kiki! I wish we could go and have a cup of coffee, too!!! Someday I do hope we can!

For Christina: I am so very Grateful for my neighbor and friend, Christina. Why? I've written about her before (yes, she was my summer Sudoku fling that I told you about). Christina is 100% total KINDNESS. Seriously. The past 2 days, I made sure her daughter got on the bus for school and got off the bus afterwards. Nothing big. (Christina had to work during that time and I was already going to be there getting Katie on and off, so it really was no big deal.) Last night Christina brought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers to thank me. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that Christina is one of the most thoughtful, caring people I have ever met in my life. And I am so grateful for her. Thank you, Christina.

For my Dear Friend, Cindi: I am so very Grateful for Cindi. Why? Cindi and I have know each other for over 20 years. We were out of each others lives for the past 8 years. However recently, with the help of the internet (another reason I am grateful for that darn internet), we reconnected. And it feels as if we have never been apart. Cindi knows my past, understands my present, and believes in my future . . . all without saying a word. Having her back in my life is one of the best gifts given to me, and I truly believe there was a higher power involved when reconnecting us. Thank you, Cindi. (And yes, I took this whole "lovefest" theme from your blog this week! Sorry, but you inspired me, yet again, to do something good.)

There are so many other people and things that I am feeling grateful for today: PG, KJ, EB, LT, PK, CB, LM, being able to have days off during the week, being able to spend them with my daughters, my toddlers laughter, the rain, heat, dishwashers, pasta, Coffee, plenty of clothing to keep us warm, popcorn, Halloween costumes, being able to see/hear/speak, blogs, etc., etc.. The list really can go on and on. Thank you . . . all of you.

One of the things Cindi spoke of the last time we were together, was the idea of putting together a Gratitude List of 100 things You Are Grateful For. I am working on that right now and will share it with you when I have it done. Until then, I challenge you to do the same. It's a pretty awesome feeling to really recognize what you are most grateful for.

Thank YOU for reading todays post. Tomorrow . . . maybe I'll write more about you.

Comments

  1. very nice thoughts Lee,its nice to remember to thank the people who are in and out of your daily life that we so often forgot about - its easy to forget those who have stood next to us our entire lives without any expectation of credit - and yet those are the ones who deserve the most credit. The ones who stand by us and know us, truly, from where we came and dont let us forget that. They know the REAL us and love us anyway! So easy to forget them so thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne - Thanks so much for the kind words. You've managed to bring me to tears at my desk here in Minnesota. :-) I too am so thankful for the Internet (and thankful that Minnesota and Chicago are not too far away so that one day that cup of coffee can become a reality!)

    I love the graditude idea and I just may have to try that out on my blog as well.

    take care ~kiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears in my eyes. So thankful for you, too....you're on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!