Potty Training. . . . Here We Go!

Oh, my goodness, it's TIME! (And boy, is it rough!) How did I do this once before? Yikes!!

We are trying to potty train Ella. The girl just cracks me up - which doesn't make it any easier. She has a number of "conditions" in which she must have to using the potty. Please, let me share them with you, if you don't mind (if this is TMI - then join me tomorrow when I'll do my best to blog about something less potty related.)

Condition #1: She has to pretty much strip to nakedness to use the potty.

Condition #2: You must kneel on the floor in front of her . . . but DON'T look at her (which leads to condition #3).

Condition #3: She will instruct you to "close your eyes". I mean, the girl needs her privacy, you know? She will not make any move until your eyes are CLOSED!

Condition #4: She must celebrate! Once she feels she has completed the task at hand . . . she screams "I DID IT!!!" The kicker, though, is that she usually hasn't really DONE anything (meaning - she really hasn't gone potty. She just likes screaming "I DID IT!" when nothing was really "done").

Condition #5: We wash our hands immediately after (she has no problem practicing good hygiene). However, I don't really think it is necessary to use 6 pumps of soap. We'll work on that.

Condition #6: To repeat the steps of condition 1-5 . . . . over and over . . . . all without anything really "happening". Oh, yes. We had to go through this about 8 times this afternoon. And . . . . nothing.

BUT . . . . we are getting there. Slowly. . . .

Do you have any potty training stories or suggestions? Please share. I am so interested in hearing what others have gone through (and looking for any tips!)

Comments

  1. Okay, the Facebook comment about primary/secondary colors....hysterical!!! I LOVE it. Sorry Leanne, my only TMI contribution here would be that when she says she did it, she has to show you what she did. Looking for the gratitude in the situation, I guess you might be thankful that she's not .... mmmm..... gagging??!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!