Beautiful . . . just beautiful.

The weather in Chicago last week included some pretty awful rain-turned to ice storms. While the roads were a bit treacherous and driving was not fun, it did produce some absolutely stunning photo opportunities. Here are some truly beautiful shots that PG took on Christmas Eve. I LOVE that his eye for truly magnificent pictures took him outside to snap these. They are stunning.

I absolutely love how PG captured this photo (above) of the Christmas lights on the tree outside - how the ice has forced these two to become one - how your eye follows the line of the tree branch and the light cord - the movement in the photo - pure harmony - An incredible photo, to me.
I am not the photographer in our house. My husband, Phil, is. He has had an amazing eye with the camera long before I met him, and most of the photos you see on this blog are taken by him. My husband could have probably had 10 or 20 really successful professions in his lifetime, and I am absolutely certain that "photographer" is one of them. He is so skilled and can capture such feeling in his photos. Learning more about taking better photographs is on my list of creative things I want do to do in the New Year. I have a good teacher in him, and these photos are my inspiration.

What is on your list, creatively, for the New Year? Do you want to re-decorate a room in your house? Learn how to decorate cakes? Finally write that book? Where do you hope your creative juices will flow in 2010? I'd love to know. . .

Comments

  1. Ahhh...my friend...as you know, the photography portion of my creativity most definitely needs some attention. In my effort to spend more time on me in 2010, photography will be on the list.

    Maybe instead of resolutions, we should consider writing out mini-goals that will get us on the road to accomplishing our next creative venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, by the way, the photos are stunning!!! May I just say I'm jealous of PG's gift!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are BEAUTIFUL!! My husband is a business man but boy is he artsy, too. He can draw and has the best "eye" for decorating!!

    On my list this year is my book. I actually started putting ideas together yesterday. I've made a commitment to myself to do something everyday in 2010 to get me towards my book goal. It can be something that just lasts 5 minutes...but SOMETHING to keep the momentum going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas! On my list for 2010 is to continue to improve on my purses and bags... and to eventually get my own Etsy site up. (So, no, you didn't miss out on where to purchase... not yet anyway!)
    ~kiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are beautiful! I'm jealous of his gift, too. Maybe he can teach us?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!