Sleepless Nights = Productivity at its Finest!

I love sleepless nights, don't you? Let me start this over . . . I don't love sleepless nights - unless, of course, you can find a little Christmas Spirit in them! Which is what I just did. (Fa La la la la la laaaa laaa laaaaaa!)

I found myself looking at the clock at 1:37 AM today - and then again at 1:43 AM, 1:53 AM and 2:05 AM. Then I stood up and decided to do something productive. I'm so glad I did!

Over the weekend Katie drew the most wonderful Christmas picture for me, filled with Christmas tree, stocking by the chimney, and presents. (SIDE NOTE: How in the world I could receive such an awesome drawing and NOT find some spirit this weekend is just beyond me.) Anyway, here is a little glimpse of her drawing:


Totally perfect - isn't it? (Which reminds me - when she gave me the drawing, I said something to her like, "Oh, honey! It's Perfect!" and she actually said, "Nope, Mom. It's not 'perfect'. But it's the best I can do!" Goodness - don't you just love it when your kids use your own words right back at you? Oh, and yesterday she told me she wants to be an astronaut, so she can go to other planets, and an artist. She said, "Mom, can I do more than just one job?" Seriously! The girl just warms my heart!)

Anyway, ever since she handed me that drawing, I had an idea to make it our family Christmas card this year. So there I was, at 1:37 AM this morning, laying in bed thinking about this drawing. And thinking about my "blah blah blahhhh" post from yesterday. And thinking about all of the wonderful comments my dear friends left me (THANKS!!! Leslie, Peggy and Cindi! I just heart you all!). And thinking about how blessed I am and about how funny the world is that here I was struggling and here these wonderful women were to lift my SPIRIT. And I guess I thought about all of that until I got out of bed, came down here to the computer, scanned Katie's drawing and started to work on our card.

I need some red cardstock before I can get it all together - but I just moved things around a little on her drawing and added a little sentiment. Once I stick that on some red cardstock, and place a photo of us by the tree inside, I think I'll be all set for our holiday card. What do you think?

Truly, productivity at its finest!

And you know what is best of all? I do believe, while looking at this wonderful drawing . . . I found a little Christmas Spirit. Not bad for a December 1 story in the Daily album, huh? And it's not even 3:21 AM yet! (Yippie!!!)

Ok, back to bed. I can get another 2 hours in before the alarm goes off! Love you all!

Comments

  1. Oh, Leanne!!! My heart is happy!!
    1) KJ most definitely is an old soul!! This kid has got it all together!
    2) Okay, they say not to argue with a kid, but I'd be willing to argue with her that it IS perfect!!
    3) It's always the little things that put their foot on your butt and kick you outta the blahs!! That's what gratitude is all about. You find the little things to be grateful for and the blahs head for the exit! (I'll need you to remind me of this point sometime this month, no doubt!).
    4) The red cardstock?? It is my nemesis!! Whenever you find "THE" color/hue/tone, make sure you buy plenty. It seems a girl can never have enough of the right color red cardstock!!
    Thank you for a lovely post! I'm all smiles this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just great, great, GREAT!!! I LOVE your idea!!!! I'm not computer savvy so I would have NO idea how to do what you did...so I'm in awe:) Isn't is just near how things work out and what causes up to stop and think about our life and our blessings?

    And I LOVE that you can put that in your December Daily. I'm doing that, too and when I woke up this morning I thought...so what am I going to put in there today?

    Happy Tuesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite post to date... I LOVED it.... How wonderful and what a special story and of course special child you have in Kate... The card is absolutely beautiful... Katie is truly an old soul and is so wonderful.... What a great way for you to start your December. Happy Holidays HO, HO, HO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card idea! Brilliant moments of clarity happen while you wake up in the middle of the night, best not to fight them. God Bless Katie for nudging you out of your funk. Tell that girl she can be anything she wants to be, and then some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!