Need a little . . . . SOMETHING.

Before I start with the blahblahblah, I want to thank each and everyone of you for the thoughts and the kind words written about the Saturday post on My Dad. You have no idea how much your outpouring of LOVE filled my heart and how much easier the day was because of each of YOU! My Father really was just a wonderful, great, funny, stubborn, loyal, loving Man. And being able to share him with all of you was just so special to me. So, I thank you - sincerely.

Now . . . . I have got to tell you . . . . here I am, once again, searching for the strength that I have come accustomed to each of your providing. . . because . . . AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have completely and totally lost the Spirit (you know . . . the Big C Spirit . . . yes, CHRISTMAS) within the past week.

I am exhausted.

I am drained.

I wish I could lay down and find that I've slept my way to 2010 . . . because 2009 has been poopy (that's my very official and technical term for the year, if you must know.) But I know, I must be careful what I wish for. So, I take that back.

Truthfully . . . .let me put it into perspective again (let me also tell you that I am a Gemini - therefore I tend to be very dramatic and overact and have multiple MULTIPLE persons in the brain to really mix me up.) So, the reality is that EVERYTHING IS FINE (just had to get that out before you became alarmed or worried. Seriously. Everything is absolutely GOOD!)

But . . . "What has you in this state?" you ask? Just . . . . LIFE. This chaotic LIFE the past week. LIFE.

Life filled with . . .

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: Katie's flu (and all that took place with it) and then her recovery (yea!)

3pm - 8:45pm Saturday: Family parties (the gathering on Saturday went really well, actually).

9pm Saturday: We returned home following said gathering. Just SECONDS in the door, dear Ella tells me "Mommy, I think I ate too much." Which is NEVER a good thing to hear. Luckily she still had her winter boots on!

9pm Saturday - 1am Sunday: Followed with 8 MAJOR projectile episodes and our efforts to determine if it really was that she "ate too much" or if she had, in fact, the flu. After episode 5, we pretty much determined it was the FLU. Most of the night was spent on the couch and catching (yes, catching . . . .with a bowl) whatever we could. Do you have children in your life? You understand. . .

2:30am - 7am Sunday: I finally was sent to bed by PG at around 2:30am, and was told he would stay with her on the couch (I stayed up w/Katie during the week, so sweet PG wanted to really be a help with Ellie. And he was.) Although . . . BIG MISTAKE. You see . . . I HAVE had a flu shot. PG HAS NOT. So . . .

8am Sunday: Ella is feeling tons better. However, PG has now found out why me telling him to "PLEASE GET A FLU SHOT" might have been a good idea a couple weeks ago. The poor man hardly mustered up enough courage to walk, let alone sit up. He was down for the count (except for regular visits to the rest room. . . . augh!)

6pm Sunday: I convince the whole family to eat a little bit of very bland (on purpose) soup. Which, thank goodness, managed to find a comfortable home in every persons tummy without any outbursts of any kind (whew!)

9pm Sunday: All is quiet in the house. The children are nestled, all snug in their beds (ok, I have to get a little Christmas in here) and the husband is also down for the count. I decide I would much rather sleep the night on the couch, then chance any bugs visiting me in bed next to dear PG.

10pm Sunday: Ding ding ding (NOTE TO SELF: next time I want to sleep on the couch, remember that the clock on the mantle chimes every hour.)

11pm Sunday: Ding ding ding (same as above)

12am Monday: Damn, I really used to love that clock.

1am - 5am Monday: a bit of a blur . . .

6:00am Monday: Dear PG makes way downstairs - fully showered and looking really good. He said he is feeling LOTS better . . . although, we have a bit of a problem. NO Hot Water. He makes way to the basement and I hear, "Oh, No!" to which I quickly head downstairs and am told the tank is leaking all over the storage room (darn! I should have left that exercise bike in there! That would have been a GREAT EXCUSE to NOT use it! "It got all wet and broke!" Ah, well.)

Anyway . . . long story short - the awesome landlord to the building my office is in - ALSO happens to be a plumber. One quick call to JP Plumbing, and crisis SOLVED. Well . . . that is. . . except I am beginning to feel a bit . . . under the weather.

Now, the good thing is that I am not vomiting and am no where near where each of the other members in the house have been. However, I feel just drained and chilled and exhausted. I am not even close to being ready for Christmas and while Santa has most of the presents ready - they are not wrapped or calculated to make sure they are equal per child (do you do that?) and I have yet to get anything ready in the house for Christmas dinner.

Toilets need to be cleaned, floors washed, groceries purchased, laundry to be done, linens washed, silver polished, gifts bought, presents wrapped, storage area to be cleaned and boxes gone through of water damaged items removed, an awesome dinner cooked by Friday afternoon, and I have to work 2 more days this week. Oh, that . . . and . . . I'm really really tired.

So, I am heading straight to bed now (after taking an awesome HOT SHOWER! Thank you Plumber Brian!) I'm certain I do NOT have the flu. I think I am just caught up in the stress of the week. But I wish Christmas was 10 days away, and not 4, and I have no idea how to pull it all together. So . . . . just another blah blah day for me, folks. Not proud of it. Wish it would go away. But it's LIFE. Right?

AUGH!!!! So tell me SOMETHING to make me laugh. Tell me something to pull me out of it. Tell me SOMETHING to remind me that this is nothing but silliness and we'll all be laughing about it some day. And THANKS for letting me "blah" again. Good night (and I'll be back as soon as I can!)

Comments

  1. Hey, Babe...just look into the eyes of those two little girls as they look at twinkling lights. That tells you what Christmas is really all about. The toilets, the silver, the linens, the floors... all nowhere near as important as the reason for the season. Allow me to remind you with your own words... http://fromchaoscomeshappiness.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-traveled-to-bethlehem-today.html. All will be fine, my dear friend...even if the floors don't get washed!! Merry Christmas!! Love ya tons!! PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, what a week you've had my friend. Okay to make you feel better...like your friend said...just look at your sweet little girls and know that they sure don't care if your floor is mopped. I do know that you'll care because that is exactly how I am. What makes up this way? When I know I will tell you-LOL!:)

    Anyway, LOVE your family, sip some hot chocolate, watch a movie...forget about all that you have to do and think about all that you GET TO DO!!:)

    I am so happy to have found you at the end of 2009 and look forward to knowing you better in 2010. You inspire me:)

    Merry Christmas friend!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking such great care of us this week (and always). It's been an experience we can talk about for a long time and thankfully things have calmed down a bit. We can now have a nice and (hopefully) calm holiday to enjoy each other's company and enjoy the fact that we are all feeling better and have a nice new 50 gallon water heater (no new dishwasher yet, but hopefully soon once that bonus comes in)! Anyway, glad we all have gotten some rest and are feeling better. I get to be home and can help get Christmas together with you...looking forward to cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming!

    Love You,

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look outside sometime today, look at those crisp icy branches. See that beauty, and then think....Christmas may be hectic, may be stressful, illness might get us down, but in the end there is only one thing that stays constant, one thing that we can always rely on, and never doubt... Christ is born. He's born. For us. Even if you were the only one on earth, He would do it again. He would be born and die just for you. That's how much He loves you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!