Knock On Wood!!!

We are beginning to return to the land of the living . . . and boy am I glad! So far - (KNOCK ON WOOD REALLY HARD FOR ME RIGHT NOW, will you?) - Ella has not caught the bug. She is fighting a bit of a cold - but we have managed to keep her free from Mr. Flu, and I am saying prayers each second that she is saved from it's awfulness.

Katie is feeling SO MUCH better. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 feeling the absolute BEST and 1 being the absolute WORST), she told me right before bed that she was an 11! That is a far cry from her "3" on Wednesday. She was such a trooper. And if any good can come out of having the flu - it's that she and Mommy (me) were able to spend the past 3 days in major Snuggleville and quality time together. And that was good for both of us.

Since I have been doing the December Daily project this month, I have been in major "photographer" mode trying to capture memories for us each day this month. So, I wanted to share a couple pictures I took of this past week. Here is our kitchen table on Wednesday after the flu hit, and after a trip to our pediatrician.


We were desperate to push fluids into her, for our pediatrician warned me on Wednesday that she was thisclose to a hospital visit for an IV. Luckily, the Seirra Mist did the work. By this morning, I could tell she was feeling TONS better. She was keeping things down, which was awesome. I could also tell she was feeling TONS better today because she wanted to work on projects all day long (where yesterday she wasn't up to doing anything at all.) So, we did just that. Colored colored colored. Made a "Pin the nose on Rudolph" game, and listened to Christmas music. It was a fantastic Mom day, believe it or not. Tonight I took this great picture of our make shift Art Gallery (on the door of our laundry room and powder room), where we proudly displayed all of our creations from the day. (Well, not ALL of them. Only the VERY BEST made the wall, of course!)

So, we are getting there. Knock on Wood! We'll be back in Christmas Mode very very soon.

(Oh, and guess what? My PG is now home with us for 5 days - NO WORK AT ALL!!!! WAHOOOOOOIE!!! I'm so excited, I can't even believe it. I love these next 2 weeks when he takes time off of work. It's Family Time at its best when Daddy is home!) I hope you are all doing well and I look forward to your blog updates (those of you who have one)! I'll be back with more very soon!

Comments

  1. Ahhh...good to know everything is getting back to "normal" in your world. Glad to hear you're keeping up with your DD pics. And delighted to hear KJ is feeling well enough to create her art!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all feeling better. Love your art wall!!:)

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear the family is feeling better! enjoy your time at home with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!