It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I am getting ready for another fun filled weekend! How 'bout you? This weekend I am doing a couple things that are SURE to fill the spirit. I am:
  • SCRAPBOOKING!!!! Visiting the Scrapbook Cellar to work on my December Daily, some Christmas related layouts, and to fill my soul with positive energy that I get from the ladies who are with me.
  • SINGING CHRISTMAS SONGS!!! Remember the other day I wrote about my Top 20 Christmas tunes and how I was inspired to write that post after reading the Facebook update of an old high school friend? Well, guess what? 3 of us from my High School Glee Club (including the one who wrote the post) are gathering at my home Saturday evening to . . . SING!!!! Ok, I know how dorky this may sound to some of you . . . but others of you WISH YOU WERE WITH ME - I KNOW IT!!!! And it's ok that there will only be 3 of us . . . we are 1 tenor, 1 alto and 1 soprano - so we've got it covered! I don't know if I can convince by fellow Glee members to call upon my neighbors doorsteps with Christmas song - but I sure am going to try!
  • BAKING CHRISTMAS COOKIES!!!! It's getting close to the holiday (yippie!) and I am getting nervous that I haven't started any baking yet, so Sunday will be spent in the kitchen. Mom and I sat today and put together a list of 13 cookies (13 is my lucky number you know!) that will surely delight the family this year. We did actually change things up a bit, we brought back some old classics, and identified a couple new ones. So . . . . LOOK OUT PAULA DEEN! The BUTTER will be flowing in our kitchen this weekend!

So, I probably will be taking a couple days off from Blogville. In the meantime, I came across this little Christmas quiz for you to ponder. I'll share my answers with you in a few days. In the meantime, I'd love to hear yours. Let the questions begin . . .

  1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
  2. Real tree or artificial?
  3. When do you take the tree down?
  4. Do you like Eggnog?
  5. Your favorite gift received as a child?
  6. Who is your hardest person to buy for?
  7. Easiest person to buy for?
  8. Mail or Email Christmas cards?
  9. Do you have a nativity scene?
  10. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
  11. Angel or Star on top of the tree?
  12. Will you watch "George Bailey" this year?
  13. Are you finished with your shopping?
  14. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
  15. Your favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
  16. Scrooge or Grinch?
  17. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
  18. Do you have Christmas Pajamas?
  19. Do you like candy canes?
  20. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Thanks for playing!!! and See you in a few!

Comments

  1. 1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? wrapping paper

    2. Real tree or artificial? We've had both but I do love my artificial one.

    3. When do you take the tree down? That part always makes me so sad so I usually wait until the 2nd week of January.

    4. Do you like Eggnog? No but my family LOVES it!

    5. Your favorite gift received as a child? I was 16 and my Dad (who is gone 13 years now) and I were shopping Christmas Eve night. I saw the CUTEST Teddy Bear wearing red striped PJ's and a hat sitting in the window. My Dad's eyes sparkled...he knew what I was thinking:). When we tried to get in the door was locked...it had just closed. The kind sales lady let us in and I got the bear. His name is Hurkey (after the Iowa Hawkeyes) and right now he is sitting on my bed!!

    6. Who is your hardest person to buy for? My husband

    7. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter Emma.

    8. Mail or Email Christmas cards? Mail for sure! I love cards!!

    9. Do you have a nativity scene? EVERYWHERE!

    10. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably and I'd be fine with that.

    11. Angel or Star on top of the tree? Angel! This year it is an old 70's one my Mom made.

    12. Will you watch "George Bailey" this year? Oh yeah!! My hubby and I's FAVORITE!!!

    13. Are you finished with your shopping? Still working on it...today in fact:)

    14. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
    15. Your favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sugar cookies and gingersnaps and dateballs!!!

    16. Scrooge or Grinch? Oh, I like them both...Hmmm, I'm gonna say SCROOGED! Remember him? It's the Bill Murray movie that came out in the late 80's. Love that!

    17. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Morning

    18. Do you have Christmas Pajamas? Usually!

    19. Do you like candy canes? Not like I used to but yes.

    20. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

    **Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!! Let the butter fly, girl and if I lived closer I'd be singing right along with you...now, mind you I can't sing but I'd be belting it out anyway!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. gift cards
    2. artificial
    3. better question to ask is when do I put the tree up!
    4. love it as long as it's not too rich.
    5. underwear ;)
    6. My PG
    7. Myself
    8. Mail..might be late but definitely mail.
    9. no
    10. yep
    11. Angel
    12. Probably
    13. is it Christmas eve yet?
    14. stay local
    15. good food...or chocolate. Oh, and cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.
    16. Scrooge
    17. morning
    18. nope
    19. a little
    20. Elf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Wrapping Paper...Bob wraps all gifts except his own
    Real tree or artificial? Artificial
    When do you take the tree down? January 6th
    Do you like Eggnog? LOVE IT!!!
    Your favorite gift received as a child? A stereo
    Who is your hardest person to buy for? My Dad
    Easiest person to buy for? My Mom
    Mail or Email Christmas cards? Mail....this year!
    Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
    Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
    Angel or Star on top of the tree? Angel
    Will you watch "George Bailey" this year? Yes
    Are you finished with your shopping? No
    Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
    Your favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies
    Scrooge or Grinch?
    Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Both
    Do you have Christmas Pajamas? No
    Do you like candy canes? Yes
    Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!