Is it Wrong?

Is it wrong that I secretly wish Ella's gift from Santa was all my own? Is it wrong that I am secretly jealous that she received such an awesome present? Hmmmm. . . .you decide. This is the present that I covet . . .
It's not just the Art Desk. It's all of the supplies that Santa brought to go with it. . .

It's the brand new Crayola Pip-Squeaks Markers Tower that hold 50 bright color markers! It's the 2 boxes of Crayola crayons that hold a total of 192 beautiful and never before used crayola crayons in awesome colors like Prussian Blue and Mountain Meadow. Brand New. Maybe it is the two brand new drawing pads of paper that Santa brought, clean . . . without finger prints or smudges - all ready for her to create. (sigh)

Or perhaps it is just simply the fact that she has a dedicated space where she can create, dream and . . . simply BE.

It's amazes me that I can own a home, yet I have failed to set up a little corner or desk area (or even a 2 x 2 foot space) of my own, for me to create in. And Ella now has her own little place to do just that. I'm secretly jealous . . . yet SO EXCITED . . . that she has this space, and I can't wait to see what masterpieces come out of it.

And maybe . . . just maybe . . . I can have a few moments there at night. . . when she is sleeping.

I don't think she'll mind.

Comments

  1. :))) I TOTALLY understand the jealousy!! Funny thing is, I can visualize you sitting at that clean pad of paper and creating!!

    One of the things Christine and I love is a new box of crayons each school year. A new beginning, clean slate, new adventures!! This next week will find me headed to my craftroom to clean up and reorganize (yet again) my space to jumpstart my creativity.

    So, it sounds like 2010 would be a great year for you to carve out that 2x2 space (make it 3x3) for your creativity, my dear!! You've got the room (former work-at-home office??)...just mark it off as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We ARE alike! I remember when these art desks came out I wanted to buy one for Emma. Actually I think it was all about me...my heart would race when I saw this little desk and heck my heart still does race when I see new markers and crayons. Right now I have a collection of brand new writing tablets just waiting for me to write a list on or something creative.

    This post was just fun!! Very clever, Leanne!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like the promise of new art supplies! Maybe you can set up your spot next to hers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!