Holy Cow! Holy Cow! HOLY COW!!!!

Ok, so you know we all have those days (or weeks, or even longer) when we are feeling pretty low? When we get disappointed in ourselves and wonder "what the heck am I doing?" When, at a glance at our life, we have it pretty wonderful. Yet something inside is still not right?

I've been feeling that way the past week or so. I mean, you know I've been visiting Crankville, and I thought good and hard about getting an apartment there (blog friend Bossy Betty told me she once had an apartment there - and I thought that was a pretty clever idea), but I decided to opt out of the apartment hunt. Maybe an overnight stay in a Crankton Inn will do. I'll ponder that for a few days. . .

But today, things starting feeling a little better. One bird sang . . . and sometimes that is all you need. One little bird (oh, and that two hour nap didn't hurt, either.) Today is Mother's Day (SIDE BAR: Happy Mother's day to ALL OF YOU. Both the Mother's and the Non-Mother's - because I guarantee that even if you are not a mom, you have, at some point in your life, hugged a child or put a bandaid on someone who needed it, and therefore you gave the love that all Mothers give.) Today was really a lovely day which started with a lovely brunch for our family, followed by a day of what I really needed . . . REST. Let me tell you, it was pretty perfect.

Then, this evening, it was a like a whole family of birds came to sing their songs to me when I sat at the computer and opened my email to read this lovely little message from Shutter Sisters . . .
OMG! HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW!!!

You know Kelly Rae Roberts, right? I mean, I just wrote about her inspiration just last week here . . . oh, and then I wrote about her here, when I purchased her book . . . yes, I actually said she was the next best thing since sliced bread. I said it. I meant it. I stand by it.

Last week, Shutter Sisters (do you know Shutter Sisters? It's absolutely the most amazingly gifted, talented, creative and inspiring photographers you could ever imagine! You MUST visit them here) was giving away a spot in Kelly Rae's upcoming e-course called "Flying Lessons - Tips & Tricks to help your creative business soar". All you had to do was enter a comment on the Shutter Sisters post. I left a comment, and then it completely left my mind (because, you know, space is tight there). And because I usually don't win at give-aways. It's ok - I'm actually not being dramatic - I win at LOTS in life (marriage, kids, happiness), but give-aways haven't been my claim to fame.

Until now.

And let me tell you - if I am going to win something . . . THIS is the SOMETHING to win.

Because I need it . . . BAD.

I have spent my life in that "what the heck am I doing?" stage. I've had those million dollar ideas, but never took the step. I never knew how to start. And in between, I let life take me away from that dream. Now, I can learn and create, and see where this adventure takes me.

HOLY COW!!!!! THANK YOU Shutter Sisters. THANK YOU Kelly Rae Roberts. THANK YOU followers - for always believing in me. I'd like to thank the Academy and Members of the Hollywood Foreign Press (oh, wait . . . sorry . . . I just always wanted to say that.) But, seriously, tonight I feel pretty happy. Really happy.

Do you hear them? Do you hear the birds singing? I don't think there are birds in Crankville, do you?

yippie!

Comments

  1. Yay is right. Winning can be so fun, can't it?? Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Mother's Day gift!!! I am a big loser at giveaway's too. But now you can't say that anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so surprised I have not seen you in Crankville. I shop there often.

    Congrats on your winnings.

    I hope to hear some birds singing tomorrow and visit a new "ville."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Leanne!!! Talk about "angels at work"!!! It's amazing where our angels show up in our lives!! Looks like you've got a whole team of 'em at Shutter Sisters!! Can't wait to hear all about your flight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! What a great way to get you back on track! I hate "Crankville" too, I was just emerging from mine when I blew a tire yesterday in the middle of no where, after 18 hours on the road with 2 dogs... That set me back a little :)

    Belated Happy Mother's day to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I hear them birdies too! Congrats on the win Yeah! It came just at the right time.

    My apartment in Crankville has been shut down for some time, but it's still there if you ever need it for a weekend getaway.

    I like it better here in Happy Winner Land better. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray, Hooray Hooray!!!!! You are right...that is ONE AMAZING gift to win!!! I have her book and LOVE it!! Leanne, I am so very happy for you!!!!

    {I guess this means you're ready for "happyville" right? Or you can come hangout in my town "Maryville" {really, truly I live in Maryville!!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how super duper fun! Don't you just love wining stuff?!

    I was there in Crankville with you this Saturday. It was in the frenzy of getting ready for a party at my house... not pretty. I hope that I've left, but sometimes the car just seems to be on auto-pilot to that familiar destination. Hummm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy COW!!!! How completely awesome! I'm so exicted for you...you NEED this!!! Dancing the happy dance just for you, lovely Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Leanne!~ I am listening to the birds sing now....have a wonderful day....what a difference a day makes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for you!!! what an awesome prize! i can't wait to see the fruits of your learning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!