Who is Inspiring YOU?

One of the things I am most enjoying about blogland (in addition to the many new friends I am making from all over the country), is the inspiration I feel after a few short minutes spent with a creative blog. And let's face it . . . there are thousands of absolutely BRILLIANT and creative people out there. Luckily, I reap the benefits from so many of them, for I visit their sites like a dried up sponge and stay until I've soaked up as much creative juices as possible. I feel refreshed and energized after seeing what others are doing in their days. I feel motivated and strong. I feel like . . . ME. Not the me who is tired and overworked, not the me who has a pile of laundry and an empty gallon of milk in the fridge. I feel like the ME I want to be deep down. I feel like the ME I always thought I would be. And I believe . . . in ME. Ah, now there's a whole therapy session in there somewhere - but we'll save that for another day.

There are two specific blogs that have been inspiring me so much the past few weeks. Kelly Rae Roberts and Frosted Petunias. I encourage you to take a little side trip over to their spaces soon - especially if you are in need of some creative fuel. Kelly Rae is just the next best thing since sliced bread. Her energy is SOOOOO good - you can feel it bounce off the screen the minute you get to her site. Her art is so lovely, her characters so dreamlike, and their messages so positive and uplifting. She is just brilliant! Oooooo, and Anna at Frosted Petunias has such whimsical charm to everything that she touches ... a visit to her blog is like a quick trip to Oz (or Tomatoland, as she likes to call it.) I triple LOVE this lady and this blog!!!

Visiting both Kelly Rae and Anna's blogs, and soaking in their creativity, has sooo inspired me this Mother's Day, as I sat down to create a few little scrapbooks for the 3 Grandma's of our family (my Mom, my Mother-in-Law, and my other Mother-in-Law.) I find my own style changing and becoming more romantic than it ever was before (which is so weird to me).

Here are just a few photos of the album I made for Phil's step-mom, Rita. I can show you these now, because I just gave Rita her present this evening. (The others will have to wait until Sunday for their books!)



The actual book has a few more pages than what I've shown here. But, the style/papers/colors are pretty much carried throughout the whole thing.

Ahhhh . . . a day of creating is so good for my soul!

Is anything or anyone inspiring YOU lately? I'd LOVE to know!

Comments

  1. I love Frosted Petunias!

    My inspiration is coming from so many sources, I couldn't name names. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you, Melissa! I think this project came from Frosted Petunias and Kelly Rae - but I agree with you ... inspiration does come from so MANY places. I think maybe I need to do a weekly, or monthly "Inspiration" post!!! Thanks so much for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your books are very cute. love them.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the books! What a fantastic idea! They look fantastic!

    Inspiring scrapbookers of the week:

    Yours, of course!

    And this one:

    Love, Actually

    http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/?expref=next-blog

    She's doing digital scrapbooking, which sounds amazing, but since I can hardly even answer emails on my dopy laptop at home (Which is missing the R key, by the way), I'll have to stick to the old fashioned way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to check out my blog, Leanne to see who is inspiring me lately :) I LOVE that book!! Girl you are talented!! and I gotta tell you again that THIS look is the ONE. Love your blog!! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!