Wanted: one "Get-out-of Crankville" card

I'm in Crankville this week. You know Crankville, don't you? The place where patience took a turn, and left you to plunging on towards a big ol'pile of . . . oh, I don't know what. The place where everything said to you by another living person makes you angry. The place where the sight of even a beautiful flower might frustrate you - because you know even the beautiful flower has a problem and needs something from you. Crankville is . . . awful.

The other day, I made Ella cry. I know. I KNOW. I am not proud, not for one second, of that. I was frustrated and trying to get dinner on the table. Ella wanted to help. I was making a caprese salad, Ella wanted to wash the basil. I asked her not to grab the basil, because I didn't want it all washed. She grabbed all of it and proceeded to dump it in a soapy sink. I was frustrated and angry. Really. I moved her off of her stool, and tried to reach into the soapy sink to find the basil between the soap suds, muttering, "I just need to go for a walk and get out of here for a while" under my breath. Ella heard me, and immediately started to cry. "NO, Mommy. I don't want you to go. You are my Mommy." I knelt down and hugged her for a long time. I cried. Then she looked at me like I was crazy. No, I'm not crazy. I'm just in Crankville.

I hate Crankville.

Last night, I cried after PG laughed at something I said (that was not meant to be funny). I cried. I know, after hearing myself say what I said, that it probably sounded funny to him. But, I didn't mean for it to be. I was serious. He laughed. And I cried. You know when you sometimes feel like your spirit is just being crushed? I felt that way. I feel bad about what happened. He feels worse. Now we are both kind of in Crankville.

Augh, I hate Crankville.

Today, I told the girls I had to use the bathroom and I would be right back. I went up to our master bath, and within SECONDS both girls were fighting and screaming at one another. I SCREAMED for both of them to STOP, and sat there thinking, "I am 38 years old. I can't even go to the bathroom in peace. This is not fun." I quickly came out to find them fighting over a plastic toy cash register. Ella had big crocodile tears, and Katie was pouting. I was angry. Yes, Crankville.

I really hate Crankville.

Mother's Day is just days away. And all I really want is quiet. So, tonight I am going to put the Ipod on REAL LOUD, and listen to my meditation CD that Kiki sent me months back. And I'm going to try and catch the next train out of Crankville. Because, I hate to be blunt, but Crankville kinda sucks. (Original "Get out of Jail Free" card - Hasbro, Inc - circa 1935.)

Comments

  1. I could use that card too. I'm telling you there's something goin around. BUT....OMG I completely forgot I had an award to give you until I saw Melissa's comment on the other post!. She gave me an award last week and I meant to go back and pass it around. I completely forgot when I got into that funky mood. Please go here and pick up the Prolific Blogger's Award! You ae definitely one! http://frostedpetunias.blogspot.com/2010/05/thank-you-ever-so-much.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - Iknow how insensative this is going to sound - but I can't help myself - I can appreciate this blog - we all have those days - oh, no that is not the insensative part - here it comes - I really loved the "GET OUT OF CRANKVILLE CARD" -- You are really getting good with Adobe! Sorry - but it was the best part of the blog - just wished it was real . . . hugs to you and all around you while you in Crankville . . . the other mom in law . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crankville is a place I've know all too well recently. I feel lost there! GET ME OUT!!! I think your "get out of crankville" card was the ticket that I needed! Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup - been there, done that. (Crankville - last week.) I think we need to print out a bunch of "Get out of Crankville" cards and keep them handy -- so when we see someone in Crankville, we can pass them a card to use -- or better yet, use it for ourselves to break ourselves out of Crankville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they sell these cards in bulk??
    Hope your feeling better ;)
    Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've all been to Crankville! I even rented an apartment there for a little while!

    Ella's comment after the basil incident made it even worse for you didn't it? Oh, they know how to do it!

    Hope you are out of Crankville and on your way to Happyville soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know.. I visit Crankville about 4 days out of a week. Yeah.. I would like to lose the directions to that place!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man have I been there and I hope that you have been sprung. :)

    Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just left you this amazing comment and when I pushed publish it told me Service Unavailable...Now I'm in Crankville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!