Blessed with My Army

I'm feeling very blessed these days. Blessed to have a HUGE support system to help me when I'm feeling ragged and worn and tired. This motherhood thing sure isn't easy. I am often in awe of those women who make it look so darn easy. You know the kind; the women who always look perfect without a hair out of place, who have produced a large quantity of children who look equally as perfect, the women who seem to volunteer for everything and actually complete their tasks, have home cooked meals on the stove every night, and all the laudry caught up . . . all while working a full-time job.

Then . . . there is me.

I work only 20 hours a week. I have only two children (and have an army of help with them). I have a lovely lady come to my house every other week to clean it (and I'm telling you - I will continue to work - if only to continue paying for this service, I swear!). I have a husband who really is a hands-on father and helps as much as he possibly can. And yet I manage to be in a constant state of chaotic"ness" and look equally disheveled and disorganized. WHY?? Yesterday I had to take the girls to the Doctor. I sat in the waiting room and looked down at the mess of a shirt I had on and thought to myself, "Oh, honestly, Leanne. Couldn't you have fixed yourself up a little?" The honest to God truth was, though, that I was grateful we even GOT to the doctor. Seriously. I don't think I had an ounce of energy left to fix myself up. Again . . . I ask myself, What is the matter with ME?? Why can't I get a hang of this whole "Mom" thing?? Please, don't get me wrong . . . it is the best thing I have ever done. But I sometimes feel like I don't do it as well as I would like to.

Are those women who appear to have it all together REALLY all together? Seriously?

Anyway . . . back to feeling blessed.

I am all of this (disorganized, disheveled, chaotic, mess) . . . but have somehow, by the grace of God, surrounded myself with people (husband, sister, mother, mother-in-laws, friends) who love me for who I am, and do whatever they can to help me. And for this, I am eternally grateful. This week has been hectic - I'm still feeling some of that cold I was experiencing last week, and it has managed to kick me HARD. I've got a busy week next week and am already feeling a bit of anxiety towards it. I was off of work today, and planned on spending the day at home with Ella. My Mom called me at about 10AM and offered to come and pick up Ella and take her for a few hours, so I could get some rest. Honestly. I really do NOT have a rough life. And here was yet another moment when someone from my "army" called and offered help. (Blessings abound). I immediately took her up on the offer. And before I realized what was happening - Ellie was on an adventure with her Grandma (which Ella absolutely LOVES), and I was napping. Seriously.

I tell you this not to make you jealous. Chances are YOU are one of those women I am in awe of - who manage to do it all and make it all look so simple. YOU are amazing to me.

I tell you this to simply say . . . if you happen to be a part of my ARMY . . . THANK YOU, Again. I laid in bed this afternoon in a clean, quiet house, and said a small prayer. "Dear Lord, I am BLESSED. Thank you for giving me today and for the help you always provide." And I drifted off into a land far far away. And this evening, I prepared a home cooked meal for my family . . . and again counted my blessings.

Comments

  1. Leanne, you know how I am about gratitude!! I LOVE this post. Here's one little secret...the ones that really look like they've got their shXt together...mmmm - not so much. There's always something going on in their lives that would make you would turn around and say, "Damn, I'm glad that's not me." Not so secret #2 - you are so incredibly creative and due to that, you're likely to feel like you live in chaos. Again, not so much. And lastly, why spend time loading yourself up with guilt? You have two happy, beautiful girls who are really growing up with all the best of you and PG. It doesn't get any better than that!! As I've always said, when I die will they talk about how I always had a clean house? Or will they talk about what a great mom I was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree and second (with a "Ditto!") PK's comments -- especially her last thought about what people will remember when we are gone from this world. People will remember you being a GREAT mom, and you have two great girls to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, PK & LT. I truly did not write that post to receive recognition in return. But your thoughts remind me that I'm ok . . . even in my disorganized state. I appreciate it. And I DO truly realize and know that what IS important is that I am raising two wonderful children. That is truly the biggest BLESSING of them all. Love you both! (By the way - you are BOTH part of my ARMY!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for you and the army as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leanne, I've been keeping up on your posts, and love your down to earth charm. Who knows who you might meet at the next visit to Stone Cold....but I wanted to comment on this one post, those Moms you see who look like they got it all together, almost ALWAYS don't. Like one of the other comments here, there is always some thing there with them, that makes us grateful we aren't them. Something is ALWAYS sacrificed to be picture perfect. One mom's struggle isn't another ones, because one mom's priorities are so different from the next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a full time working mom averaging 55 hours a week with 3 teenage boys, juggling football games and crosscountry events ( which ALWAYS seem to be at the same time!) trying to keep a house clean (or reasonably so) and make meals with some actual nutrition involved and still have make up on every day - can I just say how absolutely JEALOUS I am that you have a cleaning lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I wouldnt give!! Just someone to do laundry even!!!! ahhh, sooooo jealous!! Whys does everyone seem to have one but me?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maaarrryyy!!! GET A CLEANING LADY!!!! See - YOU are one of those women I was referring to! You do it ALL!!! You are amazing to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!