Dear Mr. President,

There sure has been a lot of hoopla about what you have to say (or what you don't say) in the news. But I don't listen to the news. I read your words and listen to my heart. Yours is not an easy job. I would not be able to do it. I'm glad that you are trying.

I believe in this country.

I believe we need to stand TOGETHER. Not apart.

It is not easy. We all have problems and opinions and anger and unfair examples to bring up. The world is a rough place. Yet I would rather be one who finds solutions, not problems. And in between all the bad . . . there is good. I believe that.

Yes, yours is not an easy job. You are already aging. The worries and responsibilities on your shoulders are much more than I could even begin to imagine. But I thank you for stepping up and giving it a try. I support you. Because you are the President of these fine UNITED States.

Sincerely,
Me

- This letter to the President was written after a political discussion around the dinner table while celebrating the Labor Day Holiday. I am not a political activist, I do not intend to include posts like this in the future. But after a heated discussion at my home this weekend, I wanted to put a little letter out there to the President, from me. I was not encouraged, or discouraged, by anyone to write this letter. I think that, afterall, is what is so amazing about this country. That I can have my views, and you can have yours. And hopefully we will meet somewhere in between. If you do not agree with my letter, please do not discard me. Let's learn from each other. Photo courtesy of www.linkingmatters.com.

Comments

  1. VERY good thoughts, Leanne. Well said!! I applaud your courage in posting this. I, too, have thought about posting my recent thoughts and held back because I didn't want my blog to be viewed as "political". You have shown me how to do it with class!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you also tonight! I became a follower! On this post - I agree, we can learn so much from each other, from both ends of the spectrum. We pray for our President daily for the courage and strength to make moral, sound decisions for the betterment of our great nation. He has a tough job, no doubt. Keep bloggin, I'll keep reading....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to disagree with you on this one Leanne, having a socalist in the white house turns my stomach. So far this guy is going down as one of the worst presidents since Carter...IMO of course. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, dear Bill . . . you disappoint me. Not because you disagree with me (I'm always open for healthy discussions), but because you speak with a bit of negativity. Let's try to find the good. It's not an easy job, Bill. I hope he will do something to surprise you - although I tend to think you've made up your mind for the remaining 3 1/2 years already. Ah, well. It will be interesting to see. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!