Nothing, really, and a Cup O Tea

I have a cold. Yep. It's here.

I've been in denial and can no longer ignore it. I feel icky. Don't you hate them . . . the end of summer cold? I believe the blog Gods did not like my post yesterday about summer fading, and decided to kick me with a cold just before all was said and done. Well, it's here. Augh.

We've been passing these little cold germs from person to person in this house since school started (darn . . . those dreaded school germs already. Gees, they make me mad.) Katie started with it, then Ellie, then Phil and now me. Yuck. Here I am, 3:23AM, and I can't sleep. The mucinex has worn out, the nighttime cold medicine did nothing to help these tired eyes sleep, I'm tired of playing facebook games and I'm unmotivated to do much of anything else.

Ever have one of those nights when you really want to sleep . . . you know it is good for you and your body needs it . . . but you can't find it? Mr. Sandman has gone to another house. And left me here . . . with my blog. So, I'm feeling the need for comfort. I'll change the blog look around a little. Make it a little "fall" . . .

Hmmmm . . . maybe some tea.

Katie is my Tea Making Girl. When she knows Mommy is under the weather, she hops up on the cabinet (I know, I know, I should NOT let her do that . . . but this is her way of making Mommy feel better and has become her job, and it is something that if I told her NOT to do it, would make her feel very sad. . . ) Anyway, she grabs a cup and a tea bag, and heads to the water cooler. She'll put cold water in first (because the hot is just too hot) and then adds hot, and continues to stir and stir until she feels it is just perfect. She cautiously carries it to me, and offers it along with some extra special TLC. I'll tell you, it is the best cup of tea I've ever had. Funny, isn't it? How something like a simple cup of tea can become the most special part of your night. Especially when made by your 6 year old, with love. She is a good care giver, my Katie. Sigh.

I love the mug I am drinking my tea out of right now. It is of the Edward Hopper painting "Chop Suey", set in a restaurant showing two women having lunch together. It is my favorite mug in our mug collection. I've used it so often throughout the years that it has lost it's shine. But still, it is my favorite - simply because of the scene of two women having lunch. Everytime I use it I think of my friends (both past and present) and I feel as if I am with them, having a quiet moment. I have such comfort in the feeling that my friends are somehow near to me. And I feel peace.

Interesting, isn't it? How here, at 3:45AM, I am finding peace in my friends. In you. You don't even know it. But your friendships give me peace . . . even at 3:45 in the morning.

Thank you, dear friend.

Comments

  1. You're welcome, dear friend!! Sorry you're not feeling well, but I so enjoyed your early morning comments. I love it when the kids get into that "let me take care of you" stage. Doesn't last, so enjoy it whilst it's there! And I will say, "the sisterhood" has pulled me through some pretty rough times in my life. I'm so grateful to have y'all. (oh, and I LOVE the new fall look!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!