I have a NEW SOUNDTRACK to my Life (right now)!!!

Last night I had the privilege of attending the U2 Concert at Soldier Field in down town Chicago. I say "I had the privilege" because when you are in the presence of such an amazing group of musicians/artists/poets/humanitarians (i.e., U2), whose wish is to send hope and peace out there, and who is giving back to its fans with a performance that actually brings you to tears, it is a privilege.

I've always been a fan of U2 (Phil even more so), and we are so lucky that we have seen them a couple times before. Each time, they make me feel as if they are performing for ME (I swear Bono looked directly at me. . . even though I was a thousand feet away from him and there were probably 65,000 other people there.) Tonight, it was just he and I . . . seriously.

And it was there, in the middle of the show, that I had an epiphany. It all was clear. During an acoustic version of "Stuck in a Moment." If you don't know the song, listen to part of it here. If you do know the song, you know what I'm talking about.

I've written recently about how I've been feeling "OFF", in a rut, a funk, as if my universe was a little tilted. I've written about crankiness and mood swings. But, last night, Bono sang a song to me. . .

I'm not afraid
Of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me
That I haven't already heard

I'm just trying to find
A decent melody
A song that I can sing
In my own company

I never thought you were a fool
But darling look at you
You gotta stand up straight
Carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere baby

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better
Now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

. . . .

And you are such a fool
To worry like you do
I know it's tough
And you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now
My, oh my

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it
Oh love, look at you now
You've got yourself stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

. . . .

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if our way should falter
Along the stony pass
And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

And all of a sudden . . . it was lifted. The weight was lifted. Totally surreal. I've got myself stuck in a moment, and I can't get out of it. But I believe, as written in the song, that "It's just a moment . . . this time will pass". Thanks, U2, for an incredible concert . . . and for a NEW SOUNDTRACK to my life (right now)!!!

(Photo courtesy of Phil's camera phone during the 9/12/2009 Soldier Field U2 Concert. Song lyrics to "Stuck in a Moment" written by Bono/U2. )

Comments

  1. Okay, so you know how I've always said that angels come into our lives in all kinds of ways. It may be a song on the radio or a person who holds a door open for you. A joke you receive in an email or someone who breaks down in tears from the burden they carry. Sometimes you don't even recognize them as an angel until you've parted company. Your angels are ever present!! You just have to listen for the message they have for you. I'm glad you heard the message!! And you enjoyed a good concert on top of it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bono was preaching to me as well! I had a spiritual experience with some relevant epiphanies as he belted out the truths they so aptly impart.

    It appears as if our set lists were a bit different, which is a bummer b/c there were songs they played Sat. night that I would have LOVED to hear. Other than that, it was an AWESOME experience.

    Now, to get ourselves out of our ruts....and expand into the expansive lives that await us...

    Hope you're feeling better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!