Scrapbook Cellar . . . here I come!!!

Tomorrow I am going to re-energize my creative side, re-connect with my soul, and scrapbook with some dear inspiring friends. I'm sooooo looking forward to this day. I haven't had a creative day for months now, and think that the lack of creative work has turned me slightly insane (and may have more to do with my chaotic state than I realize.) There are a million things I should be doing tomorrow (laundry, cleaning my kitchen counter, organizing the girls closets for fall, baking for a party on Sunday we have to go to, did I mention laundry?). And, as you can see, none of them include scrapbooking. However, I need it. BAD. Scrapbooking became an outlet for my creative side years ago. And it has continued to fill that void since then.

One of the last times we met to scrapbook, I got myself into a little bit of trouble. It was back in April, I believe. We gathered early on a Saturday morning (just like this time), and I couldn't wait! I was driving down Route 30, heading to my sisters (affectionately known as the "Scrapbook Cellar"). It was about 6:30AM (we like to get an early start for our Saturday scrap days) and I was so eager to get there. I stopped at Walgreens for some bottled water and pulled out onto Route 30 without really thinking about what I was doing. Before I realized it . . . I saw him. The Police Man (bum bum bummmmmmmm). I really didn't think I was going that fast. But, unfortunately he was able to prove otherwise. (Uh, oh). Yes, he pulled me over. Quite a handsome police man, I must say. Our conversation went like this:

Mr. Officer Man: Good Morning, Ma'am. Where are we off to in such a hurry this morning?

Me: Good Morning, Mr. Officer. Ummmmm . . . I'm going Scrapbooking.

Mr. Officer Man: Scrapbooking? Really?

Me: Yes, Sir. Scrapbooking. We get an early start.

Mr. Officer Man: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?

Me: Ummmm . . . actually, not really.

Mr. Officer Man: Do you have any idea what the speed limit is here?

Me: Oh, of course.

SIDE NOTE: (You know, I can't even remember how fast I was going . . . it was that long ago. All I remember is that I started rambling and rambling to Mr. Officer Man. I don't think he was able to get a word in, at all. I think I just went on and on. . . . .)

Me: You see - the kids are still sleeping and my husband is taking care of them today and I really don't get out very often and I'm really excited to get scrapbooking and I took my husbands car because I had to leave the minivan with him and I usually don't drive his car, which is why I'm really not familiar with how fast his pick-up is in this car and really didn't imagine that I would get so fast so quickly and I'm awfully sorry that this happened and I'm just so glad for an opportunity to get out of the house, you see I work from home and don't really get out very often and you seem like an awfully nice man and you know the last time I was pulled over was probably about 15 years ago and I was heading to Halloween party and I was dressed as "Elizabeth Taylor on the way to the Betty Ford Clinic" and I had on big mu-mu and had empty pill bottles hanging around my neck and the police man made me get out of the car because I think he just wanted people to see me in my costume and I can't believe I was speeding right now and oh my goodness. . . . . . . . . . .

SIDE NOTE: (The officer DID give me a ticket. He was VERY nice, but said because it was raining, he wanted me to be a little more careful. I was totally fine with that. I was speeding, it was what was right. I deserved the ticket. My sister was mad and thought he could have let me go. But, I really was ok with it. The last thing I remember of my conversation with Mr. Officer Man went something like this. . . . )

Mr. Officer Man: Now, I want you to have a great day scrapbooking, and don't let this [the ticket] bother you today.

Me: Oh, don't worry. This doesn't bother me AT ALL. I will have a FANTASTIC DAY!

And I did. We laughed so hard about this ticket, all day long, and my sister had to take a picture of me with my ticket.

Tomorrow I plan on driving a little bit slower on the way to the Scrapbook Cellar! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!