Bye Bye Baby!

So, last week we had a big change in our house. A BIG one. It was finally time to say "Bye Bye!" to Ella's baby room, and "Hello!" to her Big Girl room. WoW.

This was a big change. For Ella . . . and for . . . me.

Last week, on Wednesday morning, Ella's room looked like this . . . and by 5:00 PM that evening, it looked like this . . .

and like this . . .

Completely transformed into a brand new space for a little girl to dream in, to grow in, to learn in, to CREATE in, and to LOVE. Ellie's new room is all of that, and more!

I knew that it was time to get rid of the baby furniture . . . but I never imagined it would be so hard for me. I mean, I am so completely blessed with the life that I have right now. I am content (SO content) with my daughters. The thought of having a third child sends me directly to sleep, as I don't think I could handle 3AM feedings and all of the other joys that come with babies. But, then again . . . the fact that my house is now CRIBfree . . . is so bitter sweet. Hmmmm . . . did anyone else ever go through that when getting rid of their cribs? I wonder.

Anyway - back to Ellie's room. I was going to paint it - cover up the "Me & My Big Idea" characters and make it a true little girls room - but I just couldn't do it. I LOVE those characters on her walls. I painted them, along with my mother-in-law, Rita, when we were expecting Ella. My goal was to create a wonderfully magical fun room for my new baby, and I think we did it! Ella has absolutely LOVED her room since the day we came home from the hospital. And now that the new Big Girl furniture has arrived, the walls look new again (thank goodness!) And Ella . . . well, she doesn't want them to go away yet. So, Big Girl room is how it will be, for a while. And Ella . . . she's getting so big. But for tonight - she is STILL my baby (even without the crib!)

Comments

  1. What a DARLING room!! Truly!! Love those MAMBI kids:).

    Okay, so sad story...we had our Emma girl's room painted when she was like 3 as a garden with Pooh stuff. So very cute. She loved it. I loved it. Then we moved. Like shortly after. Now our friends live in the house. I can't bear to go see the room even though it has been years. I just get sad. My Emma is growing up :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bittersweet for sure. Mine never really slept in their cribs, so it was more a relief for me when they were ready for big kid beds. I hope Ella is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely not easy making the transition. But the room looks gorgeous. I have not doubt Ms. Ella is in her glory in her big girl room!! And MAMBI just makes you want to skip, doesn't it??? Love what you've done!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!