I'm Giving it Up . . .

Do you ever wish you could do something to help someone, but you know you can't? They have to work it out - figure it out - deal with it - on their own? PG tells me that I empathize so much with others that I let what is happening to them really effect me, and he is completely right. Sometimes I loose sleep over the challenges that someone else might be facing. It gets to me . . . deep inside. But, this week, I'm giving it up. . . to God.

When I was young, I learned a little lesson from a dear friend of mine (thanks, Kath!), that when things seem tough and it seems more than you can handle, just Give it Up to God. He'll know what to do with it.

It's seems like, since
Lent is now upon us, that I may have this all wrong. I mean, isn't this the time that I am supposed to be giving something up FOR God? Not TO God? Something tells me he won't mind, though. I have a feeling he'll understand. I have a couple doozies for him this week, too. Illnesses, arguments, loneliness, suffering, and pain. All of them . . . right up to God.

S
o, look out, God . . . I'm throwing one up to you right now. I know that you'll take care of it! Oh, and in case I forget . . . thanks. . .

Comments

  1. Check off another prayer on your list!! YOU are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely, totally believe in this! This is exactly what He wants you to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!