What a Wonderful Day!

Do you know what I absolutely LOVE about life? I LOVE that in the middle of a chaotic week . . . complete strangers can make you SMILE. Complete strangers can give you faith. Not faith in GOD. . . but,maybe. Maybe complete strangers are Gods way of letting you know that you are not alone. Hmmmm . . all this God talk in one week. . . . hmmmmm. My friend PK would remind me that that was one of my "Ta-Da's" for 2010, so it's ok.

I had to run a bunch of errands today and had about 1 hour to do so. In that time frame, and in the three stops I made, I came in contact with three complete strangers who really lifted me up.

The first, was at a shoe store near my house. I ran in to pick up some comfy shoes to wear for a baby expo I am working at this weekend. As I was checking out, the sales girl commented on my Coach purse. You know the one? I've written about it before here. Well, the sales girl commented on it, and my first response to her was, "I didn't buy it. It was a gift." To which she replied, "Honey, don't tell people you didn't buy it. It doesn't matter how you got it. Enjoy it!" and we talked for about 10 minutes about Coach purses how much she just loves them. Then we went on to talk about Real Housewives of Orange County and silly reality shows, and we both laughed until we were in tears. I left feeling happy, after this really fun exchange with someone I never even met before. It was really cool. And I left with a smile.

The second stranger I connected with today, was the cashier at Target. A really nice woman who commented about the sun glasses I was buying. We talked about how I always seem to go through a couple pairs each season because I always scratch them. She recommended I buy Ray Bans because, while they are more expensive, they are scratch resistant. So, ultimately I would be saving money. Then she leaned over and whispered, "We don't sell them here, but I would strongly recommend them. I've had mine for four years!" and she winked. Such a lovely connection with a perfect stranger.

After checking out, I stopped at the Starbucks quiosk to pick up a quick afternoon perk (cup of coffee) to help make it through the day. After ordering and paying for my coffee, I headed to the other side of the counter where I waited for my coffee. The barrista, who was waiting for my espresso to brew, looked up at me and said, "So, how are you?" I think I was so shocked that she asked, that I forgot how to reply. I must have looked like a deer in headlights, because she quickly said, "How's your day going?" I smiled back and said, "It's a really great day, thanks."

These three interactions with three complete strangers made me realize that we are all human - we all have stressful weeks and worrisome moments. However, if you take the time to stop and connect with someone, to share a smile or a laugh, you'll be surprised how good it will make you feel. And today, I felt really good.

Today, I challenge you to connect with someone you don't know. Tell me how it goes. . .

Oh, and here is where I will be the next 2 days . . . The Chicagoland Kids Expo. If you are in the Chicagoland area, stop on by. I'll be at booth 414 with Cuteybaby. If you can't stop by. . . send happy thoughts that I sell lots of decals and diapers, ok? I appreciate it!!!

Comments

  1. So.... Talking to Random Strangers Lady ( http://fromchaoscomeshappiness.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-talk-to-strangers.html) has people talking to her!!!!!!! How very nice! So now you see...those times when you were TtRS Lady was really God working thru you to brighten someone's day!!! And you do it so well! I'm just glad someone jumped in to brighten your day when you needed it most!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!