WE DID IT!

So, I have to tell you about a truly invigorating moment that my husband and I shared today.

WE DID IT!!!! Yes, WE did.

WE PAID OFF A CREDIT CARD. AND IT IS GONE. FOREVER! ADIOS AMIGOS! SEE YA LATER ALLIGATOR! ASTA MANYANA!!! BUH-BYE! And all that goes with it.


Now - Does it really matter that it was for Macy's? Or that it only had a balance of $87.oo left on it? YES, IT DOES. Because, you see, until recently I never really GOT it. I mean, credit cards helped me get some things that I really wanted (notice - I said wanted - not needed. There is a BIG difference there.) And in my desires and WANTS, came a butt load (pardon the language) of bills, interest, and problems.

But, we have started. My husband and I have a goal. To be financially healthy. And it is something that we have really been putting alot of energy and focus into recently. This one little credit card was the start of it . . . and now, I believe that WE CAN DO IT!!! YIPPPIEEEEEE!!!

So, today I applaud our accomplishments and I look forward to the financial future for us. It's going to be a great one! (And thanks for letting me share this with you - it's pretty special to me!)

Oh, and check this link out. While I was searching for images of cutting credit cards, I found this really cool project that you can make with those nasty old cards. It's amazing that something so BAD can make something so COOL! I guess everything is beautiful, in one way or another, huh? I don't think I'll keep my card pieces in the house - I want them GONE. So in case you are joining me in a financially healthy future, but just can't part with your card pieces, maybe this project will be right for you! Happy Debtfree Life for us all!

Comments

  1. Congrats, Leanne!! What a great feeling, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself! My hubby and I paid off ALL our cards last year. We use cash or we don't buy it now. It has made a HUGE difference in our spending!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!