Only in my Dreams

Have you ever had one of those moments when you think to yourself, "Oh, man, what have I gotten myself into?" or "I wish this week was over!", only to realize that it's really just begun?

I'm having one of those moments right now. I have over-committed, again. Augh!

PG is out of town for most of the next 9 days. I am working extra hours at my grown up job, and in addition I have offered to help out a friend at a Baby Expo booth Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend. I have furniture being delivered for Ella's big girl room this week (which means I need to empty out her "baby" furniture.) I have rooms in this house that are disorganized and screaming for attention. Not to mention my two beautiful daughters who need me. I am feeling complete and total CHAOS.

You would think by now I am pretty used to chaos. From Chaos Comes Happiness, right? It's the name of my blog and my life Mantra.

But this week, I'm not used to it.

I went to Michael's Arts & Craft Store this past weekend. I had a 50% off coupon to use, and was in desperate need of a new scrapbook cutter. While I was there, I found myself drawn to the paint aisle. Years ago, I was an artist. An artist with oil paints, that is. I used to CREATE paintings. When I was 13 years old, my parents recognized and supported my LOVE of painting, and they signed me up for an oil painting class at a little art shop not far from our home. I felt so special in this class, because I was the only "child" in this class that was filled with adults. All of us, learning how to paint together. I LOVED IT.

But it has been years since I have picked up a paint brush.

And in this week of total CHAOS . . . all I really want to do is paint. I don't want to clean the house, I don't want to work extra hours, I don't want to read. I really just want to paint.

I left Michaels without buying any new painting supplies. I'm sure I have brushes and palette knives somewhere in a bin in the basement. But right now, I don't even have the time or energy to look for them.

Last week, during a particularly stressful episode, PG told me that maybe I should look into MEDITATION. While I don't think his idea was a bad one . . . I think what I really need to do, is look into MYSELF.

Isn't it funny how we forget to look into ourselves? To look at what our soul really longs for and what will fill our spirit? Hmmmm . . .

The next week, or so, are going to be a chaotic mess for me. And while I don't think I will be able to paint, at least that dream of painting will be alive.

Do you have anythings that you dream of? I'd love to know. . .

Comments

  1. I am so glad to hear that ours is not the only house that is in Chaos - with a capital "C"! And I am so with you - I don't want to do any of it and would rather sew! Thinking of you as you get thru this time - and if you do want to look into meditation, look for some CDs by Pema Chodron. She's amazing :-)
    Actually, I have a great meditation CD I can send you - drop me an e-mail at goodideagirl at gmail(dot)com with your address and I'll put it in the mail! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is meditation for you! I'm happy to hear you start talking about it again.

    I can help you with the furniture moving - call me and we'll come over -- Matt's got BIG muscles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!