Lessons learned during a visit to the Shedd


In following suit with our visit to the Museum of Science and Industry last month, PG and I decided to take the girls to the Shedd Aquarium on Friday . . . .along with every other parent in Chicago (Casimir Pulaski Day = no school in Chicago and a great day for millions to visit Chicago Museums - yea!!) Anyway - it was . . . a great . . . adventure, to say the least. Instead of boring you with all of the details, let me just sum it up with my top lessons learned during a visit to the Shedd:
  • A museum in Chicago is not a fun place to loose a child.
  • When you are taking your older child to the bathroom, always look behind you to see if perhaps your younger child is following (even if you think you left her with her father . . . you can never be too sure.)
  • Security guards really DO do their jobs . . . and they have probably seen it all.
  • Ella can handle pretty much anything without any concern at all.
  • Wear water proof mascara . . . you never know when you will be crying hysterically.
  • Thinking you have lost your child (for even 30 seconds) is the absolute WORST feeling you could ever imagine.
  • This plan to take your children into the city once a month and experience life . . . is OVER!

Ok . . . so I'm pretty sure you got the gist of it. PG thought that Ella was following me and Katie to the restroom . . . however I didn't know that she was. And upon our return, when I asked PG where Ella was, he replied, "SHE WENT WITH YOU!!!!"

SECONDS later (as I ran hysterically to the information desk to get a guard and inform them that Ella was missing), I saw my little Ella, sitting on a chair at the desk, writing on a piece of paper with a pen, and she looked up and said, "There's my Mom!"

I cried. Ella said, "Why are you crying, Mommy?" I think PG was in shock. Katie was scared.

And it was time for our FAMLY FUN DAY in the city to end. You will never know (although I am pretty sure you can imagine) how many prayers I have said since that very moment. I am so thankful that this story ended happily . . . as I know how easily it could have not. And today . . . I'm considering staying in our house until Ella is 30. Ok, well . . . maybe 25. Hug your kids. And your kids kids. And any other loved ones kids who are in your life. And don't ever let them go!

Comments

  1. Oh boy....knots in my stomach reading this!! It's like I get this hard to swallow feeling in my throat just thinking about it!! And don't you just love how incredibly calm they can be in the midst of that much chaos? But from chaos comes happiness, yes?? And gratitude. check... And prayers. check! Little Miss Ella. She shows us how to enjoy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the WORST feeling! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Deep breaths....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had this happen to me before and I KNOW the feeling, girl. So scary. Big hugs to you.

    Leanne, just wanted to let you know I'm taking a break from my Blog and reading others Blogs until Friday. I have lots to do this week but didn't want you to think I had forgotten about you!!! See ya' Friday and have a great week!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!