Ummmm . . . I need a favor. . . .

So, I'm fairly certain that my sister thinks I'm nuts.

Yes, I'm pretty sure of it.

You see, in case the whole "living on this earth with me for the past 38 years" hasn't been enough to prove to her that I'm nuts, the "Million Dollar ideas", the "tapping Starbucks", and the "Talking to Strangers" certainly has done it. But, just when she might think I am getting my act together . . . I do something to support that I'm not.

That's what happened this week. You see, it all started with another one of those "random thinking moments", which frankly, are starting to get a little annoying. This one started after a particular difficult morning and make-up application before work on Monday. You see, I have that damn mirror. You know that mirror . . . the one that blows up your face, like, 1,000,000 X larger than it really is. (Which really . . . why I need a mirror that magnifies my face THIS BIG is just beyond me.) Anyway, Monday morning I decided to flip to the GIANORMOUS side and take a good look at my face.

AUGH.

Seriously. I don't know what I was expecting.

SO, after tweezing and plucking and pinching and taping (don't ask) . . . I thought I had corrected . . . at least without a physician and anesthesia . . . as much of the imperfections the dear Lord above had given me over the weekend. (Because, you see, I just did this SAME PROCESS last week.)

Anyway . . . that was that and I was on my way to work. NO harm done. Life was good. The birds were singing. The sun was shining. The sky was blue. I was singing along to my GLEE soundtrack and having a happy ride when I happened to look up in the rear view mirror of my car . . . and catch some HORRIFIC hair growing out of my chin, waving back at me.

Now, seriously. This is what I don't understand. How could I possibly BLOW UP MY FACE 1,000,000 X's the size it is . . . but MISS a hair on my chin???? How, Dear Lord, does that happen?

So, I started thinking (as I attempted to pull the hair from my chin with my fingers. Because, you know, I can do it, right? And no, that man in the truck looking at me at the stop light DOESN'T understand what I am doing because he CAN walk around with a hair on his chin and no one will look at him like a carnival show.)

Sorry . . . I digress. This is where my sister comes into the story. The next opportunity I have with my sister, I need to have a conversation with her. You see, I need to know that she has my back (or, my chin, to be exact.) So, Wednesday morning as she is sitting at my kitchen table, I ever so gently approach the subject.

"I need a favor," I say.

"OK, what is it?" she answers. Because, you know, she's used to me needing favors.

"If I am ever in a coma . . . I need to know that you will make sure that they tweeze my chin so my kids don't see me with a hairy chin," I tell her.

"You're crazy," she says, therefore confirming my suspicion afterall.

"Seriously, I need to know that you've got my back and you'll make sure someone plucks my chin, if I'm ever in a coma." I'm really stressing this point to her now. You see, I've thought about this. I need to know if she's IN or if she's OUT. Because, if she's OUT, I have to find someone who will be IN.

"Ok. I'll make sure you don't have hair on your chin," she tells me.

And there you have it. My sister thinks I'm nuts. And you know, I'm ok with that. Because I know that part of me is a little crazy. But that's what makes me me. And I'm pretty grateful I have her. Because she'll take care of me always . . . even in a coma. And it's good to know that someone has your back, or in this case, your chin, when you need them.

And now that I've shared my secret with all of you . . . don't be too scared if I tell you "I need a favor." Chances are, it won't be as crazy as this one. Or . . . may maybe it will. ; )

Comments

  1. I would totally pull your chin or any other hair that is not in the correct spot on your face and/or chin. I have your back on this just in case Sister isn't with you that day.
    So funny, my mom and I had the same conversation and I told her I would pull her hair too...
    I expect this same hair pulling in return. Besides what are friends for, anyway??? Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea...you had me on the floor laughing!!! And in case Sis or 2E are busy that day, I'll step in...not a problem. After all, the sisterhood must stick together!! Cuz I know you'd back me up if it were reversed!! The great thing is, when your girls get old enough, they will understand the hairy chin chin thing and they'll have your "back" as well!!

    Love the new look. I agree...the rainbows, as much as I love 'em, were getting a good workout. Love the magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the part of the story that Leanne left out was that I told her I would "Paper, Rock, Scizzors" (you know, the game) with someone for the honor of plucking that hairy hairy chin chin! But then I did tell her that she was crazy (which she is). So, 2E and PK, you guys better practice Paper, Rock Scizzors if you REALLY want to pluck pluck pluck away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SWEAR they pop out of nowhere - I keep tweezers in the car for this very reason and already have made the same arrangement with my mom.....see, I don't think you are crazy since I'm as crazy as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Your killing me!! To funny! But now you've got me thinking... Holy crap who's gonna "have my chin?" I better start making a list of friends and get this squared away asap! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok -1) I TOTALLY agree with you that someone should take care of the hair problem if you cant - 2E I mean you if Im in a coma! and 2)I swear those hairs come out of NOWHERE in seconds!! and 3) I am SOOO glad you got the Glee CD finally!! Isnt it the best?!!!
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! At least you are AWARE of these hairs!

    I have some clients that could really use a chin waxing! I don't know how to break it to them nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Leanne!

    I just wanted to say hello as I stopped by to visit your cute little blog! I also wanted to say thank you for visiting my humble little blog - your comment was so sweet! I love being a part of Lady Blogger Society - all of you are the sweetest!

    xo,
    -Meg

    www.megnificentlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your interview is up PLUS a surprise....

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!