The Coffee Swirl

I love coffee . . . but I'm sure, if you have visited me before, you already knew that about me.

But no matter how much I love coffee, it usually takes me a while to enjoy a cup of it. Especially in the mornings. And this behavior is something that usually frustrates PG, as he is our resident coffee preparer extraordinaire.

It seems that most mornings start the same way:
  • PG makes the coffee
  • PG asks if I would like a cup
  • I answer, "Yes, please!"
  • PG pours cup of coffee
  • Cup of coffee sits on counter for a few minutes
  • PG reminds me, "Honey, I poured your coffee . . . "
  • I answer, "I know, thank you!"
  • Cup of coffee sits on counter for a few more minutes
  • PG urges, "Honey, your coffee is getting cold. . . "
  • I reply, "I'm coming!"
And with that, I finally pick up my cup of coffee and take my first sip. However, today I grabbed the camera first, which I am really sure aggravated PG a bunch (as the coffee had now been sitting for almost 5 minutes.) But I had to take a picture, because it looked so so pretty . . .


Not only did it make me smile to see New York City . . . but the swirls . . . the lovely lovely tan colored swirls of coffee and cream. A work of art, don't you think? So delicate. So musical. I could stare at a cup of coffee for a long time . . . but I had better not. PG won't be happy with me if I let it sit much longer.

What unusual moments in your day leave you thinking about art?

Leave me a comment - I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. The sky. When I am driving - I look at how the trees hang a certain way, or the sun peeks through the clouds, or the moon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cup of coffee reminded me of the movie, "The Green Hornet" his friend makes him a cup every morning with a leaf swirled in it kinda like your swirl but shaped like a leaf.

    What a sweet husband you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee and my hometown of NYC??? This is a perfect start to my day! And yes, I did know you love your coffee; when I next get to Chicago, I'm going to invite you to join me at Intelligentsia for an afternoon of sipping and chatting ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me of my Mom and Dad he would pour her coffee and she would wait a bit longer, after a few reminders from Dad she would go and drink it:O) gee for me its every minute every second,Kinda like everyday life is like a comic strip, I quickly see a rough sketch of everyday things in life:O)Have an awesome week!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm that coffee looks so good. I love it I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's nearly enough to make me start drinking coffee. I've never even tried it, and my beloved Diet Coke has no swirls of anything on top. At least it better not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it my imagination or is that my face in your cup saying good morning???

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha, you drink your coffee like i do! perfect color...
    "What unusual moments in your day leave you thinking about art?"
    it is usually a result of something just like that. for example, i was headed out to the front porch with a glass of wine late one afternoon last week after i had gotten off work, set the glass on the bench in the entry way while i grabbed my sweater and the sun hit the glass just right. made an interesting shadow on the wall, the wine sparkled, it was cool! i got all excited, grabbed the camera, took some pictures...i love it when that happens. just being present in the moment. and then enjoying the glass of wine!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look so pretty!

    But, man, I always get so bummed when the coffee begins to cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo...pretttttyyyyy! I want coffee too!!! PG can drop it off in the morning while he's waiting for you to drink yours. Ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!