What's in your "IN" Box?

A few months ago, I started receiving emails from Oprah. I don't know why, but I imagine it has something to do with creating my dream board on her website, that now has me receiving regular thoughts of "O" (or the thoughts of those associated with her.)

I have to admit, I often breeze over those emails with little notice. But every once in a while, something will just speak to me.

This week, I received one of those . . .

Seriously?

The "Feel Good Challenge"?

Moving toward the life you want.

Hmmmm . . . certainly Oprah, nor Dr. Oz or Dr Rosen are aware that I started Weight Watchers this year. Most of you are probably not aware that I am doing Weight Watchers. But then again, a few of you have been privy to my secret.

And while I've had a successful couple of months on the program . . . I've stalled.

And it kind of bugs me.

This email kind of got me thinking about it again. "Knowing your body gives you the power to change it, maintain it, decorate it and strengthen it." I don't think I know my body. I mean, I know that the scar on my knee came from an awesome dive into home base some 25+ years ago, during a really awesome softball game. I know that the second earring hole in my left ear lobe is still open, while the second hole in my right lobe has long closed up from non-use. I know that turning 40 this year is causing a change to my eyeballs that I hadn't quite expected (and now have to manuever reading materials in a variety of distances from my eyes until things are in focus.) I also know that eating bread is bad for me. But did I really believe that I have the power to change, maintain, decorate and strengthen my body?

Nope. I didn't.

Photo from google image search - original source unknown

be•lieve
verb \ be•lieved be•liev•ing
1 a : to have a firm religious faith
b : to accept something as true, genuine, or real
2: to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something
3: to hold an opinion : THINK

Remember that word? It was my plan for 2011 . . . to BELIEVE. In me.

Sometimes a little email form Oprah can help me re-focus on all that I hoped for within myself. And I'm so very grateful for this gentle reminder that I have the power.

But, I must B-E-L-I-E-V-E.

How are you doing with your "Word of the Year"? Do you remember what your word is? We talked about it here. And as it is almost mid-March, it seems as good of time as any to re-group. How is your year so far? How is your focus? How is your word? Leave me a message, I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. Of course this is my word for the year. I am also now adding the word SHINE! Thanks to a fellow blogger. I also get the emails from Oprah, they never cease to inspire me and act as a reminder to get back up on the horse despite the fact that life keeps pulling, no, pushing me off the darn beast. So I am right there with you doll, we can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not doin' so hot on nurturing anyone, especially myself; too much chaos so far this year. But someone reminded me just last week that the year's not over -- there's still TIME. We may be frail and fragile and fallible; but we have strength we don't know of, and we have time to do better for ourselves ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can BELIEVE in yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) This is the big test - now you have to push through..

    It will happen.

    If you believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oprah is amazing...I love her. And I have a cool Oprah story...I need to share on my blog:)

    Anyway...BELIEVE! I see you believing in YOU. I do. Every time you share your life with us here...you are so my blessed, my dear:)

    My word is Reinvent. I do think of it often. I am on my way to reinventing myself:)

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, right before I read this post, I was reading on Oprah's blog about emotional eating. Literally RIGHT BEFORE I read this. She helps me too, and so do you. Yay Oprah! Yay Leanne! On another note: Boo that I can't see either and will be picking up my new glasses tomorrow....they used to call them bi-focals, now they call them "progressive lenses". Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Oprah....can't stand her yet sometimes she is spot on. Never thought of my body in that way. Mostly I hate it because it's damaged. Meh...at least my brain still works ;) ok sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always so positive and optimistic, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what I'm reading right now? Women Food and God. It's quite life changing for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!