My Inner Flower Diva

My friends, I had a fanTAStic weekend.

I did. I hope you did, too. Because, I really really did.

I don't mean to brag . . . but my spirit was renewed. And I am feeling more like the newer version of the 'old' me, than I have in years. And that really is a good thing.

Friday evening I spent the night with my dear friend Cindi (from 'So, That's Why!') and after a lovely dinner and one glass of wine, we did a little shopping and creative soul filling at some our very favorite places (Lane Bryant and Barnes & Noble.) We laughed and laughed and oooo'd and ahhhh'd all night, and I felt like a part of my life long ago abandoned was returning . . . a part of me that I didn't even know still existed. (Thank you, Cindi!) It really was wonderful!

Saturday was spent in down town Chicago at the St. Patrick's Day parade (will have to update you with photos from that event at another time.) PG's work throws a HUGE St. Patrick's Day event for their clients, and lucky us - Katie, Ella and I are able to join in the fun with PG as we celebrate the day with some dear friends and enjoy a little joy ride on the company float in the actual parade! Such fun!!!

And today, I found my inner diva. Oh, YES I DID! At the "America's Beauty Show" in the city. My friends, you may not know this about me . . . but I am not a "beauty" sort of girl. I mean, I have my favorite hair products, and I do wear make-up and have been known to come home with a funky hair cut (or two) in my lifetimw, but I am usually a very safe attire/hair person, falling victim to comfort more than style during my recent chaotic days. However, I appreciate style. I love fashion. And today, I was in "people watching" heaven! Can you imagine the sights you might find at a beauty trade show? CRAZY FUN, I'm telling you!

Ok, now to my inner diva.

You might recall when I said, not long ago, that I was going to be the crazy sock lady? (I wrote about it here). Well, you must believe me when I tell you that when I wrote that post, I had every intent on fulfilling that role of the crazy sock lady . . . really, I did. However, I have a whole new CRAZY, discovered this very day at the beauty show. A brand new group to be a part of. My friends . . . . I give you . . .

CRAZY FLOWER ON THE HEAD LADY!!!

I'm telling you . . . I lost all focus with what I was doing when I saw them. My eye's went blurring. I heard birds singing. Then the song "Aquarius" started playing in my head and my inner flower child came out. I HAD to have them . . . . in brown . . . . and blue . . . . and pink . . . . and red . . . . . and black . . . . .

(the black flower missed our photo op above, as it was running around in Katie's hair at the time of our picture.) I think I have found my inner flower diva (aka; my inner Carrie Bradshaw). PG and I are heading to New Orleans soon, I think the flowers are PERFECT for NOLA, don't you???

And if the flowers aren't enough, how about these nail polish colors?

Cool, don't you think? Katie specifically requested the GREEN polish, and I was drawn to the BLUE. I think we are going to have one wild and crazy summer this year, if the polish and flowers have anything to do with it!

Because I couldn't get enough of my 'crazy flower in the head look', here is one more self portrait taken just hours ago . . .

Really.

Fantastic, don't you think?

What made it even more wonderful was the $2.99 price tag! Seriously . . . what a DEAL!!!

PG is heading back into the city tomorrow for work. I think I may need him to stop by and pick up a yellow, green, white and soft pink piece for me. Don't you think? Maybe even one with a peacock feather flapping in the wind, huh? Ok, maybe not . . . . but . . . . maybe so! I feel energized, and I'm loving it!

Have you done anything to spice up your look lately? Leave me a comment and tell me about it. I'd LOVE to know!!!

Comments

  1. I love the flower in your hair. As for the bright coloured nail varnishes I think they are great fun, especially in the summer with brightly coloured clothes. Oh roll on summer, gos to read you are feeling more cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING the flower! Girl, you can work that flower! I'm sure they go with your new flower ring, too! And, I felt more like my old self with you Friday than I have in years. It was like our old shopping trips (but with money this time!). Call me anytime you want to shop! We have to take that trip to get some Kelly Rae stuff still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet friend, I LOVE the flower in your hair! You are lovely to begin with, but that is a great accent for you! I'm so glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the flower in the hair! It is really very pretty! I LOVE fashion and go CRAZY about it.

    Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that flower, girl!! You look really darling in that...I would LOVE to pull something like that off...Hmmm....;)

    I am into fun jewelry lately. Big, chunky necklaces...I found one the other day and HAD to have it...but the price tag told me NO, not today. Soon!

    Have a wonderful week, girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOOOO Cute!

    Since your goal is to be the Crazy Lady, my advice to the start with small flowers and then, each month, get bigger ones until your head is tilting to one side under the weight of the flower! Your girls will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! Now I just need to teach you how to make those so you'll have one for every outfit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. L.O.V.E. - LOVE it! You can SO rock the flower on your head! I really, really love the self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE those flower headbands...ON OTHER PEOPLE!!! On me...it's a whole different story. I feel like such a "poser" when I try to wear one. I really am a tomboy at heart and so I feel like I wouldn't be fooling anyone. But I love yours. And I think you look lovely in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spice up my mommy uniform of black workout pants (have not worked out in a few weeks) and Old Navy turtle necks? Hmmmmm. I think I can spice up a bit my friend! :) These pictures are so cute! I hope you are doing great!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Flowers!!!:O) They are sooo fun:O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flower...you are just so darn cute. Been thinking about you and so I sought you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I found you through Mitzi. Will be checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know what? I actually think that flower looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for hair flowers! In the last 2 years, I've become a big believer in fascinators (fun hair things) of all kinds. Mostly I stick to flower and feathers, but I sometimes branch out into the even more silly. I've notices lately, that pics of me on Facebook rarely show me without something in my hair. :) And they are super fun, easy, and often inexpensive to make yourself!!!

    You look wonderful with flowers in your hair, Leanne! And as always, I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!