Our Return

The words, "You have one sick child," is not what one wants to hear upon their return from a weekend get-away. Well, actually, one never wants to hear that a child is sick. But I especially wasn't looking forward to hearing those words, after an amazing weekend of this . . .
and this . . .
 and this . . .
and this, too . . .
Unfortunately, our Katie came down with some sort of 'bug' on Sunday evening. As soon as our luggage hit our laundry room floor, I heard my Mom say, "one child is sick . . . but the other is just fine." Oh, boy.

So, tomorrow we'll be visiting the doctor. I think a fever bug has hit our home, and poor Katie has been fighting it will all her might all day long. Ella, so far (knock on wood) is doing fine. But I may take her for a check-up, just to make sure. 

Before I head off, here are just a few more pictures of our weekend in New Orleans. We had a fantastic time . . . just me and PG. And there were lots of lessons learned in this historic town of New Orleans . . . like . . .  
 New Orleans is NOT a city to visit when trying to live the "Weight Watchers" way. But I tried to leave food on my plate at each meal, and stayed away from the bread. I am a bit nervous to step on the scale, though. Augh!
A change of scenery always makes my 'end of winter blues' go away!
I am blessed to have my dear friend Cindi in my life, who convinced me to buy this butterfly ring last week when we were out. This ring was a HIT all weekend long and everyone commented on it! Ooooooo, I LOVE MY RING!!!
No matter how many miles may separate us, our girls are ALWAYS on our mind.
And I love this man with all my heart . . . and then even more than that.

Will be back soon with more stories and fun, my friends.

Much love to you all!

Comments

  1. You look GREAT! Love the ring. The weather was DIVINE.. right? i want to hear all about it. Email me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, rested and so content. Hope Katie feels better. Glad you had such a happy break from the Chaos....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful...and I love that ring, girl!!! I want to get brave enough to wear one, too:)

    Wonderful trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of the two of you! Looks like a great getaway :-)
    Hopefully health will be restored to your little ones soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that food is so seductive!!! It looks like you had an amazingly, wonderful, fabulous time!!! I'm so happy for you ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos! Looks like a beautiful time was had indeed. Sorry to hear about the sick child...hopefully Katie will be better soon! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what great photos - LOVE the ring! :) The photo of you makes me want to hug you - you look so happy! What a wonderful weekend - and no matter what, the family will remind you that you have a family that needs you, no matter where you are - even though it's a fever bug, which stinks, you will always be just what she needs. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend, I am sorry to hear that your little one is so sick! I will pray for a speedy revovery. I am happy that you had a fun and happy weekend! You deserve it! Thank you for your comment. I am around visiting too, but do not have lots of time either. I love hearing from my friends, but know how much time blogging takes up. Making a comment takes time. Please know that I am here too and I hope you and your beautiful family are always doing really well with big smiles on your faces! Have a wonderful day! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i am so happy you got away! you look so "chill" in these photos...a break from the kids, and daily life is so energizing...
    LOVE your ring...
    hope your daughter is feeling better... :(
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a great welcome home after what looks form the photos you have shared to have been a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love the picture. You look like you had a fantastic time. Very cool butterfly ring and I love the bracelets for the girls. All my heart and even more than that ... beautiful and I know how that feels too. xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!