I curse the day I met the Skinny Caramel Macchiato

It all started so innocently, just four short weeks ago.

It was a regular Scrapbook Cellar gathering at my sister’s home. I was heading there for a day of creative soul filling and an all out sisterhood chat fest.

I was doing the Starbucks run (as I usually do), and asked my fellow creative characters if they would like one as well. And it was Peggy who did it.

“I’ll have a skinny caramel macchiato, please,” she said.

Skinny. Caramel. Macchiato.

Three words that would change my life.

Yes, this is another post about coffee, and I apologize to my faithful blog readers who are not coffee drinkers. (I apologize because really you should be coffee drinkers . . . kidding!) As I look back on my blog, I find that the subject of coffee has been written about once or twice (three times, a lady) before, and perhaps knowing that you have a problem is the first step in recovery, isn’t it?

I have no problems. (Therefore, I must not be addicted, right?)

Ok, back to Peggy.

Because I think Peggy changed my life.

I am not a sweet coffee drinker. Never have been. Never thought I would. But on this particular Saturday morning, something called me towards the dark side. That is, the Caramel Macchiato side of life.

It sounded . . . . good.

So I ordered one for myself. Skinny, you see, because I do have restrain.

SIDE BAR – let’s play the opposite game, shall we? (Katie loves to play that game, when you say something but mean the complete opposite. Let’s do that. It’s fun.)

Ok, so I ordered a Skinny Caramel Macchiato for myself.

And it was awful (remember – opposite game here.) Ok, enough of the opposite game.

The truth is, since I have been doing Weight Watchers, the most sweetness I have in my life is hugs and kisses from my daughters. And while those are incredibly sweet and the best kind of sweet there is, they don’t quite help out with the sweetness I crave at the end of the day. Or at the beginning of the day. Or at all times of the day.

But the Caramel Macchiato . . . NOW we’re talking.

Pure heaven.

In a Starbucks cup.

6 Weight Watchers Point Plus in a grande.

6 points of heaven.

I curse the day I met it.

But, oh, Life is so good.

Comments

  1. Haha you are so funny Leanne, but hey I would be lying if I said I didn't have any guilty pleasures!!

    Drink on girlfriend, drink on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leanne - I am right there with you! It's hard to go to the food store, which has a darn Starbucks in it, and not think "Oooo I'll get a Skinny Caramel Macchiato while I am shopping".

    Happens more than I am willing to admit. Welcome to the "dark side"

    Genia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh have you tried their cinnamon dolce latte? Nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to lead you to the addiction, Leanne!! But I can't think of anything more satisfying to end a hectic day at work!! Or more fun to drink when scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS MY DRINK OF CHOICE.
    WOO HOO.

    I know.. I really do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fit a brisk walk in somewhere (maybe to go and get your SCM) and sure you can cancel those 6 WW points? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my word ... I always order sweet things when I go to coffee shops, but almost never go to coffee shops precisely to avoid the 9536 calories and 3 weeks' worth of fat and sugar. But that key word -- "skinny" -- may just make the difference when I'm out and about and need a little fix ... :) Because we're worth the treat! Not every day, not several times each day, but once in awhile we deserve some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caramel Macchiato's ROCK!!!! So do the Caramel Frappaccino's (minus the whipped cream)but with the caramel drizzle on top....absolutely delightful! Yeah..you know I LOVE coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah...the simple joys!!! You deserve it Leanne!!! At one point I had an addiction to those chocolate dipped oreos. I'd keep them in the fridge when I lived in Texas. They were so good. I'd think about them all day and after polishing off a few boxes I decided I needed to practice restrain. So..it was one a day..at my lunch break. I swear I looked forward to that moment all morning long!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. So how many days a week are you "saving" those 6 points to be used by a skinny caramel macchiato latte?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it does sound glorious...caramel is my favorite you see!!

    And did you KNOW that the first time I ever visited here you wrote a piece about your coffee cups. It reminded me of my newspaper column and a piece I had written and I thought...this girl is like me and she can write really, really well!! I have been a stalker ever since;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!