Doing

While strolling through the French Market in New Orleans on Saturday, PG and I came upon a woman sitting behind a card table, waiting for someone to sit next to her.

Waiting to read someone their tarot cards.

I've never been one to fall for fortune tellers before, or tarot card readers. But I was in New Orleans, the home of all things voo-doo. I immediately looked at Phil and said, "I want to have my cards read!" So, I sat down . . . and spent the next 20 minutes in the midst of a lovely conversation with Audrey, my tarot card reader.
She was a lovely lady, and I so enjoyed talking with her.

Did she tell me anything life altering? No, not really.

She did say that I worked in the medical field (which is correct), that I have two daughters (also correct), and that I worry often and put a great deal of stress on myself (again . . . correct). She also was very certain that I worked from my home (which I don't do right now, but did do for five years), and when discovering that I no longer work form home, she insisted that I must work very close to home (which, I do.)

I told her that I was interested in a different career path, and she said that she didn't see that in the cards, which she explained might mean that I may pursue something else, but won't be a huge success at it. (Note to self: Must prove those cards wrong.)  She also said that I need to drink more water (um . . . okay . . . has she been to my Weight Watchers meetings, or what?)

As we ended our conversation, she reminded me to take better care of myself . . . take care of my body . . . make more time for myself . . . and I shrugged my shoulders as I said, "I'm trying." 

"No, you're not trying . . . you're DOING," she replied, "don't TRY . . . DO." 

Ever have one of those light-bulb moments? When all of a sudden, something is so clear? Not TRYING . . . DOING.

Brilliant, isn't it?

What are you doing this year? Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. I love having my cards read :) Prove them wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoda-wisdom. Do...or do not...there is no try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go. That is what you were supposed to take away - DO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prove the cards wrong and DO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing the beauty in every new day to remind myself that nature is responsible for not just turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For starters- LOVE the ring!! ;) It's so strange that you posted this- Gary and I have had many struggles and we JUST wrote on our chalkboard wall "Time to DO" Right there with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post! I like that "doing". Sometimes we can hide behind the "trying" and not really get much done. I hope you are doing great my friend! I have not done a reading before and not sure I would. Somehow I do not know if I want to know. Have a great Sunday! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I first say how envious I am that you got to be in New Orleans having a tarot reading!! You know I'm obsessed with N.O! I love the message...don't TRY...DO!! I think you are DOing just fine. Loooove your banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute banner!!!:O) great post! You took away the right msg DO:O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like doing, too. That litte word DO is so powerful isn't it? I may have just had a light bulb moment ,too.

    I'm with Angie...that ring is boo-ti-ful:)

    Love ya', darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is now causing me to channel some Yoda line. Is it, "Do or do not. There is no try?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to have cards or my palm read ... I know it's silly, but it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm painting my nails this year.

    And I'm working with a life coach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please! You're a doer if ever there was one! But it's a nice kick in the pants reminder for the rest of us! This year I'm DOING writing a book (it will be more grammatically correct than that though). I'm pumped about it.

    Card readings are fun- entertaining if nothing else, right? Sorry I'm late in commenting; I'm sadly behind on my blog reading! Catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. by any chance do you have her phone number?? i just came back from NOLA and went to see her. she was amazing. she gave me her business card but i accidently threw it out...i'm having a really hard time looking for her info online. if you have her number that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!