The Colors of my World

I've been looking at so many parts of my every day life with a different eye this week, paying special attention to the colors and textures that surround the many moments of my day, and grabbing the camera to catch these moments exactly as they are.

Tonight, I played around in photoshop with a particular picture I took over the weekend. I tried a number of different filters on the photo - from "stained glass" to "fresco" and everything in between. I really have to play around in photoshop some more - what an amazing program.

I decided on "Palette Knife" . . . I love the colors . . . I like how they make me feel. Bright. Cheery. Happy. With a bit of mystery . . . I think that's a perfect description of myself. Oooooo, I sound so 'Bond, James Bond - 007', don't I? Ok, maybe not. But I do love this picture . . .


The world is your kaleidoscope, and the varying combinations of colors,
which at every succeeding moment it presents to you
are the exquisitely adjusted pictures of your ever-moving thoughts. 
 So you will be, what you "will" to be. Let failure find its false content,
In that poor word "environment,"
but spirit scorns it and is free. - James Allen

The world is my kaleidoscope. I love that.

I wonder what your world looks like.

Every time I put away our laundry, my world looks like this . . . 


And Monday night, I stopped right there in my bedroom and looked at all the colors of the clothing in my life. Well, for the record - the martini print pajama bottoms in the top right corner of this picture are mine, and all the rest belongs to either Katie or Ella. I love how colorful little girls clothes are.

And I love this view of my life right now, both the reality of the piles of laundry photo, and the colorful yet mysterious photo up above.

Yes, Life is Good.

Comments

  1. That's amazing, Leanne!
    The colours of your world seem bright and cheerful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see the beauty in laundry is a gift. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever grouped clothes in your closet by color? Occasionally I do and then I realize what colors I gravitate towards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black thing in the palette knife photo looks like a cat to me. Is this some kind of test?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photoshop is amazing...and addicting!! I love it the picture you came up with!! ANd the martini jammies....so YOU!!! Love em'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must find the time to learn to experiment with my photography, this looks such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS There's an award waiting for you on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, what you did with that photo is pretty darn cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!