Getting Ready for the Royals!

Happy Wednesday, dear blog friends! I hope this post finds you all enjoying your days to the fullest! Just a quick little post to share our latest adventure with you . . . you see, we are getting ready for a special party in our home this week. Oh, let me be a little more formal, shall I?

Eh-hem . . .  .

Here Ye! Here Ye!

Ok . . . that's better. Preparations are well underway for our very own Royal Wedding Celebration!!! Because . . . well, why not???

The idea came to me the other day at work, as I thought through our plans for the week. Knowing that the wedding between Prince William and Catherine Middleton will be taking place on Friday, and remembering how I (a young 10 year old completely fascinated with the royal family) watched the wedding between Prince Charles and Princess Diana in complete awe and amazement, I decided that I wanted to make this 2011 Royal Wedding a special time in our home. So, I printed out a little invitation for Katie and Ella for our very own viewing of the Royal Wedding. (Thanks to the DVR, we won't have to get up at 4AM to watch it live . . . . our viewing will be just right for our time zone!)
As I started to explain the whole tea party idea to Katie and Ella - their bright eyes gleamed with excitement over the whole idea. Because, as you can imagine, this is going to be a WONDERFUL party!!! The list of things to do set us on the right path for planning this great party . . .
We started the decorations by coloring our own flags of Great Britain, and will be cutting them out and taping them all over the family room. I'm going to set up a card table and set the table as fancy as can be with doilies, flowers and beautiful floral napkins I picked up today.
Oooooo . . . . and we must dress for the occasion. Our outfits are going to be just lovely . . . as we stopped off at a nearby resale shop this afternoon to pick up a party dress for Katie ($6 - what a deal!). A quick shopping trip at Grandma Carol's found us with even more hats, costume jewelry and long gloves for each of us. And we have a lovely menu of cucumber finger sandwiches, peanut butter & jelly finger sandwiches, cranberry orange scones and iced tea. Oh, I think I'll have to pull out my good china, too . . . I mean, nothing is too fancy for a princess, don't you think?

I'll have to share some pictures of the event with you after Friday . . . I know we are going to have a lovely time. We've also decided on our titles for the day . . . I, the Queen Mum, will be joined by Princess Ella and our very own Lady Katherine.

I'm so lucky my girls are as silly as me . . . . it makes life so much fun.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week. I'll be back soon with more.

Cherrio!

Comments

  1. Looooove this!!! (read in a sing-songy voice!) So so cute. We'll be needing beacoup pictures of the fun. I'm IN a wedding this weekend so I'm totally pretending it's THE royal weekend. Incidentally, the bride's name is also Kate. Weee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH what fun!!! What an excellent idea! You are just so creative Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crafty, glitzy girl!! What a cuuuuuute idea!! I can just see you all now:)

    How are you? Worried...

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should say...How are you? I am worried about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - you are THE coolest mom EVER!

    #Fact

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful memory you are creating for your girls! I remember watching Charles and Di at my grandma's house, but none of the hoopla...wish I could come to the party, sadly, us commoners have to work on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is lovely that you are choosing to celebrate my British heritage in this way, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of all the royal parties, yours sounds like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE adopt me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like such a cool idea! Suddenly wishing my Smalls were a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how creative, lovely and cute this is. I'm going to have to tweet it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! Those girls (and their mama!) will remember the wedding party forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!