Mary never had one of our lambs . . .

As the Easter holiday quickly approaches, I went back through some photos taken last Easter, and realized that I never shared my lambs with you.

Yes, I have lambs. Every Easter. Usually two.

And sometimes they are injured. Sometimes they can't hear a darn thing, because their ears have fallen off. Sometimes they can't see out of one eye because a certain four year old has eaten one of their eyes. Sometimes they have a furry coat, sometimes not. It all depends what stage you get to them. Oh, and we have come to universally agree in my family that the best part of them, is their butt (because that piece always gets lots of frosting!) Sorry to be crass, but it is what it is.

It starts with their birth . . . compliments of my mom. Mom makes the lambs each year . . . and let me tell you, there is nothing like my Mom's pound cake. Seriously. Once they have been take out their pans, they arrive to my home.
Next, we call on the spirit of Grandma Josephine for Gram's Butter cream Frosting recipe. Have I ever told you about Gram's Butter cream Frosting? Seriously?? We're talking the Frosting Gods shined down on my late Grandma with this one . . . a long time family favorite, there is nothing like it. So, I whip up some frosting . . .
And then the decorating begins. We usually throw some fur (coconut) on one, and leave the other without. But they always rest on a lovely lawn of green grass (coconut).
Add some jelly beans and some chocolate chips, and you've got yourself a happy lamb. That is . . . until after dinner.

Uh-oh . . . this one is all ready for the taking!!!!

Comments

  1. These are SO cute! What a wonderful tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the little lamb needs a smile! Perhaps one of those thin licorice whips???
    Wait, maybe a smile is not appropriate, given his fate of someone slicing his butt off!!
    Love this tradition...not so much on the coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMMO!!!! I can't wait for the lamb cakes tomorrow. And I don't care how many WW points they are!!!! (Ok, how many do you think? Should we try to calculate it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cute, Leanne!! I have nerver seen lamb cakes before...what a fun tradition to pass down to your daughters and they will do the same I am quite sure!!:)

    I have been thinking so much about you. August is right around the corner and I am so hoping we can meet!!:)

    Happy Easter Leanne and family. Hugs:)

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how sweet....those are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative! I love the idea, and I'm sure I'll be looking for a lamb pan for next Easter. (I'll think of you when I make it, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!