I'm All About the Vinyl

I bought a new tablecloth last week.

You know, one of those vinyl ones.

The kind that I grew up with, that my Mom and Dad had. The kind that I swore I would NEVER use when I had a house of my own. The kind that smells all plasticy when you first open it. The kind that you can wipe off quickly with a sponge or towel, and is totally kid-proof because even a tall glass of milk won't go through it. The kind that makes me think of jello, avocado colored appliances, and casseroles.

Yes, I bought a new tablecloth last week.

And I love it.

The colors are my new spring/summer palette. They make me happy. And the little flower I bought at Michaels matches perfectly. It makes me feel happy . . . and like Martha Stewart. Although, do you think Martha Stewart has any vinyl table cloths?

I think I want to leave it on our table all of the time. You know, just like thought I would NEVER do. All day and night long.

Because I love it.

Is it still a tablecloth if it is vinyl?

Just wondering.

Do you have anything that you never thought you'd have? And do you love it as much as I love my vinyl tablecloth? Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. I think your new tablecloth is perfect! There won't be any major catastrophes with it, even with kids in the house. And it just radiates springtime and happiness ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Used them all the time when my kids were young! And hey if it makes you happy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, these days we need to grab spring any way we can!! I like the tablecloth. I know there have been things that I've done and I've turned around and said, "sheesh, I'm turning into my mother." (shudder!!!!) But there are things that resurrect from childhood that make sense sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I remember it was a very big deal when we got a new tablecloth and I used to just lay all over it to smell that plastic smell. I just may go get one and do the same thing all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablecloth matches your blog! How purty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a few the other day and thought about it. Since you have kids - I totally get it. It is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!