It brings JOY to her ears . . .

I like to play the “What’s your favorite…?” game with Katie and Ella. You know, the “What’s your favorite color?”, “What’s your favorite TV show?”, “What’s your favorite pizza topping?” . . . those kinds of things. I like to keep up with their favorites in the ever changing minds of theirs, and they LOVE when I ask them these questions.

However, I’ve learned that there are some questions I have to preface with additional rules. Like the other day, as Katie and I ran errands around town and I started asking her questions. “You can’t say recess or lunch,” I told her, “so, what is your favorite subject in school?” (Her 7 year old brain usually feels that recess and lunch are subjects and are both very deserving of her vote.) “Mom,” she answered, “I have to tell you that I really really love music class. Because when the music plays, it brings such joy to my ears.”

Seriously.

You have just got to love that child.

"...Joy to her ears...," she told me. I love that.

Katie loves music, and we had planned on turning her room into a “Rockstar” room months ago. I actually bought a new comforter for her last September, but couldn't get my act together long enough to paint the room and change things around for her. She was patient, and never fussed about it. But after hearing that music brought 'joy to her ears', I had to get the room done.

So last week, the planning began. Colors were decided upon. Furniture placement was analyzed and discussed. Paint and wallpaper stripper was purchased. And the bedroom transformation was underway.

Katie and I started by stripping the border wallpaper Friday evening, and PG and I painted on Saturday. Saturday night I added some little finishing touches on the walls and by Sunday morning, all was done. And let me just tell you . . . I think it’s one of our best home decorating jobs yet (I think PG and I need our own HGTV show!) And Katie, well . . . she is LOVING her Rock and Roll room!

It started with this comforter that I bought last fall, from Target (and you can buy it here, if you like it!)

I couldn't find valences to match, so I picked up a couple solid black ones for $10 each, added a couple bottles of Tulip fabric paint, and bammmm  . . .

We found the coolest light at Lowe's that just had to be part of the new space . . .

And, I had to paint her old jewelry box to match . . . I mean, how could I not?
PG just loves this "love" that I painted on the wall. He said it reminds him of 'House of Blues' . . .

I found this little sign at Target (LOVE me some Target!) and it fits perfectly (click here if you must have it, too!) . . .

Oooooo . . . I picked up this little flower at Michael's for $2.49. It's such a simple little thing, but adds so much (I bought  2 more of them, and will be borrowing Katie's to accompany them for our Easter table centerpiece!) And that little book is her CD holder that she has had for YEARS. I think it may have been my inspiration for our color palette.

And here are just a few more photos of the final look . . .

 

I am so blessed to have these amazing children who love life and are as passionate about it as I am. And being able to create exciting environments for them to florish and grow in is the most exciting thing for me.

Yes, my friends, Life is Good.

And now, I have a new music hang out . . . I sure hope Katie doesn't mind!

Comments

  1. THAT is the BEST ROCK STAR BEDROOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. She is soooo lucky to have a cool mom like you. Gosh.. when I was her age I was begging my mom to let me paint my room purple (Purple Rain.. Prince.) LOL

    PS - I was BLOWN AWAY today by a surprise. I will write about it next. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room!!! I'm so jealous!! Katie is a very lucky girl to have a cool mom! I can just hear it now... all the invitations to the friends to "come over to MY house...I have to show you my room!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so freakin' lucky to have you! And I bet she knows it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I agree you need your own show!!!:O) What an awesome ROOM and what awesome parents to do that!!!!:O) LUcky Kiddos Great Job:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow!! That room is ROCKIN' Cool!! What an AWESOME mom you are!! I'm feeling the music just looking at all the cool and creative decor!!

    I'm impressed deary, very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I missed you in my absence!! I love that room. I can't believe you just came up with those curtains. WOWZERS! You are dripping with talent. Dripping I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great, great, great room! Now, about Ella's room... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so this room ROCKS!! Can you come design Em's room? She is getting a new room, too...but I am not near as talented as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what an awesome space you have created for your daughter! She is quite lucky to have such a talented mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!