Our Royal Day!

Well, we have survived our Royal Wedding Party, and I am so excited to share some photos of our tea with you! I am so glad the girls were on spring break this week - they have had lots of adventures all week long, but I have to believe that today's Royal Wedding party was truly the highlight of it all. The girls had such fun . . . and me? I really felt like royalty. I think we did a fantastic job celebrating the new bride and groom, and I think the wedding was just spectacular.

Here are a few snapshots of our Royal Wedding celebration. We started by hanging the Great Britain flags that we colored, and the chains of red, white and blue, all throughout the family room.


We even colored some of the flags and taped them on skewers I found in our kitchen drawers . . . just perfect for cheering as we watched the procession route! I cleaned up some of our china dishes and we set the table - all ready for our tea.

Some delicious cranberry orange scones really fit the mood, and I remembered these really cool princess toothpicks were given to the girls a couple of years ago - luckily they were in a cabinet in our kitchen. Just perfect for our party, don't you think? 

 We dressed in pretty party dresses and wore lots of jewels . . . nothing is too good for our princesses!
 Ella really got into the whole thing, and insisted on calling me "Mother" in her very best English accent. And Katie loved pointing her pinkie as she drank her tea. I think our table looks just beautiful, don't you?


Lady Katherine, me (the Queen Mum), and Princess Ella . . .

Finally, it was time to watch the ceremony . . . I think we had the best view in the house!

 And of course . . . the reason for our gathering . . . .
They are so gorgeous, don't you think?

We had such a lovely time this morning . . . and I know this is a day the girls will remember for a long long time. That is, until the next Royal Wedding.

I hope you had a lovely day, as well! Thinking of you all, and off to have some more fun! Not sure what to do after this, though . . . it will be hard to top it, don't you think?

You know, even if you're not a royal, life is still pretty wonderful.


504 Main

Comments

  1. Looks like so much fun! Your girls are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you ALl DAY!! Seriously!! I don't get into the whole Royal Wedding thing but I was sooo happy for you and the girls. And since today was spent in the hospital doing two more tests...it was fun imagining what you all were up to. I think this was so inventive and what a darling memory for your girls. They will never forget it!!!

    What a sweet heart you are!!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT tea party! I'm sorry I missed it. Who knows... one day maybe Lady Katherine or Princess Ella will find their own prince to marry... I am sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best part of this Royal Wedding Day . . . Pictures of My 3 princesses enjoying it in true royal "Style" The anticipation made my week and the pictures --- well if I ever need to be cheered up - theses will last a lifeime! Thanks for sharing!
    Love to all 3 of our special "girls" oops I meant princesses!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful time!!! Fun! (Still waiting for the adoption papers....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to share the wedding in this way and have a tea party. I love it. I didn't watch the wedding, but caught the highlights. The dress was breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that the cutest little tiny royal family!!

    Stopping in from the LBS tea party (no flag skewers though...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOOOOOOO adorable!!! What a fantastic idea! Oh how I wish I were closer to my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Golly what fun!!! LOVE IT!
    Missing your sweet face.
    Those are some lucky girls to have such a sweet wonderful mum to play with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How positively lovely! I'm sure they'll never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore you in that hat!

    Do you read Tracy from Sellabit Mum? She did the same thing with her 3 girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a wonderful day, I was watching all day long and it made me feel proud to be British. It is so great that you also enjoyed this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) this is the cutest post ever!

    beadsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool... looks like you had a wonderful day together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can say is that you are completely awesome. This is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!