Oh . . . . and . . . . thank you!!!

I’m tired today.

Absolutely completely and totally exhausted.

All day at work, I wished and wished I could put my head down on my desk and float off to some La La Land. One where Mr. Big (Chris Noth from Sex and the City) would come down rub my feet. Oh, he’s so handsome, isn’t he?

I’ve been fighting a cold this week, and yesterday I felt like I lost a little bit of the fight. Not all of it, just a little. My Mom offered to take Ella to her ballet class, so I just slept . . . for a few hours in the middle of the afternoon. It was heavenly. (I can’t even tell you that last time I did that.) Boy oh boy, I sure could do that again.

At 10:45 PM last evening, as I was just about the lay my head down for the night, I remembered that I was in charge of bringing Easter napkins to Ella’s pre-school celebration today. Augh. Of course. Always at the most inopportune time, right? I contemplated getting out of bed and venturing out at that time, but my struggle took on a whole new fight when my pillow got involved. And the pillow won. There was no way I was leaving to buy some bunny napkin.

I turned over and reset the alarm to wake me up a little earlier today, with just enough time to get the napkins. Then to La La Land I drifted.

For a little while.

Little did I know that last night’s La La Land was going to consist of napkins and bunnies. And napkins. And bunnies. And napkins. And bunnies. I think I tossed and turned all night . . . so fearful of oversleeping and wondering what would happen if the bunny napkins did not make it to school. I mean, I held the power of this Easter celebration in my hand! Could I ruin the Easter of 13 toddlers????? Oh, how could I go on?

So, at 4:00AM, I got out of bed, and left for the nearest grocery store.

The store I thought was open 24 hours . . . isn’t.

They don’t open until 6AM.

And the store across the street from that store, the drug store, they are open 24 hours. But they didn’t get Easter napkins in this year (just in case you were wondering.)

Oh, and the Starbucks doesn’t open until 5:30 AM, in case you really wanted to know.

So, I returned home at 4:45 AM . . . wide awake . . . staring at the clock . . . wondering if I could get away with drawing a bunny on the white napkins I have in my napkin holder. Would the Crayola washable markers bleed on the napkin? Would the kids come out of their class with stains of black, pink and yellow all over their faces? Hmmm . . . that’s wouldn’t work.

So, at 6AM, I ventured out once again to the store, and finally meet the bunny napkins. Yeah!

Now, hours later . . . I’m exhausted. Wishing I was back in my bed, with my pillow. Oh, how I love my pillow. The Starbucks I picked up on the way to work this morning isn’t even helping right now.

Augh.

And Ella seems less than enthused at the bunny napkins I showed her at breakfast. I think I expected her to jump up and down in delight.

I mean, I wanted her to jump up and down, and to say, "Gees, Mommy . . . thank you SO MUCH for being up all night worrying about these napkins, and getting up extra early just to go and buy them, then realizing that the store wasn't open yet, and coming home, and going back out when the store opened, and buying them, and coming home and getting ready for work and then getting me ready for school and for giving me breakfast and taking the garbage out and for putting labels on my Easter goodies for my classmates and for waking Katie up and helping her get ready for school and then for putting my hair in ponies and for helping me brush my teeth and for the hugs and for all of that."  Hmmm . . .

It makes me wonder how many trips my own Mom had to make in the middle of the night, for me. Sorry Mom, I should have been more grateful for all that you did for me. Thank you, Mom . . . for all the late night errands and the running to and from that you did to make sure I had everything I needed when I was a child. I appreciate it . . . more now than ever before. Oh, and for fixing my hair when I was little. Thanks for that, too. Love you.

What about you . . . anyone you'd like to thank today? Go ahead - leave a comment and let them know! You'll feel better if you did!

Comments

  1. Amazing how we appreciate our mothers more once we have kids of our own.
    Y'done good, LW! I'm sure you don't have a leftover bunny napkin, but I see a scrappable moment! Or at least an art journal moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! You are a good mother. I think I would have just handed the kid white napkins and told her they were made out of bunny skin. (See? Aren't you looking better as a mother now?)

    Hope you get some rest and relaxation soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never ever got up and went out in the middle of the night as you have done!!! Mind you 24hr stores were non existent in the UK when our children were little and even now are few and far between,
    I hope you have a stress free Easter Weekend.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to thank YOU for being one of my bestest blogging buddies, always making me smile ... :) And I want to thank my friends who don't read my postings online, but who noticed that AnnArbor.com put my matzah recipe in the actual newspaper yesterday and have fussed over me for it. Makes a less-than-stellar day so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!