Shutdown? Are you kidding me?

I am not one to write about political things . . . never have been, and don't plan on ever doing it again . . . . but this news of a pending shutdown of our government has me . . . . enraged.

I don't know all the facts . . . and don't really have the time this week to read all about it. Because I am doing my job . . . working, raising a family, attending meetings for my children, church activities, etc.. That is what I have decided to do with my life. Those are the choices I made.

But the politicians . . . they made a different choice.

They made a choice to run for office, to work hard getting their voices heard, to win their elections, and to continue to work for the American people (while earning their salaries and reaping the additional benefits that may come their way...and there are benefits, quite often, I would imagine.) Shouldn't they . . . play nice? I've listened to their promises and made decisions to support those I believed would make a difference in this world.

Republican, democrat, it doesn't even matter what line they are . . . I'm disappointed in the whole lot of them right now. And I'm angry.

Angry that the rest of the world is watching as our country nickles and dimes each other to death. COME ON now . . . this is ridiculous!

Angry that there is so much work that needs to be done, and we can't come to terms with our own individual ideas long enough to put them aside and GET THE JOB DONE! COME ON!

Angry that they are trying to call each others bluff . . . playing . . . a game. This is LIFE, people. Get it together! COME ON!

Angry that our country needs this like we need a hole in our head.

Angry that there are people starving, people dieing, people killing, people destroying . . . and those we have entrusted in putting the programs in place to help can't seem to look past their own noses to make it work. I understand that all sides have valid points . . . but COME ON!!!!

What would happen if I decided to SHUT DOWN and not do my job, or if I failed to figure out solutions to problems that come up each day at work? I would LOSE MY JOB!!! What would happen if I didn't listen to my boss (and I believe that we hold that title of boss, don't we)? Well, I would LOSE MY JOB.

COME ON all you smart people in Washington . . . get your act together.

Sit down . . . get the numbers straight . . . and GET BACK TO WORK. Or . . . GET OUT and make way for people who want to make it a better world. Because what you are doing right now, is make it a very ugly place to be.
 
Ok . . . sorry for that . . . I had to get it off my chest. Believe me - this is not my style, nor will it turn into my style, of blog. I appreciate the opportunity to voice my opinions, just as I always appreciate when you voice yours. I'm wishing you all a peaceful day, and throwing the hope of a bright tomorrow out there in the universe . . . for all of us.

Comments

  1. YOu said what I am feeling as well. I don't do politics on my blog or FB...I have a few times...but don't make it a daily practice. At the moment the side I am on is doing a LOUSY job!! They made soooo many promises at mid-term and are FAILING miserably!!!!!

    Amen, Sister!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever apologize for what you put on your blog, it's your blog remember!!

    Just for the record, I couldn't agree more!
    Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhemmm! Excuse me?!?! I have one issue with your comment... SMART people in Washington?? Is that an oxymoron?? Okay, I'm done being "cute".

    I couldn't agree with you more, Leanne. We put them in office, WE are their boss, and if they aren't going to do their job, it's up to US to fire them. I like how you vent! No apology needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely a "head in the sand" kind of person when it comes to politics. But I totally agree with you, and I think the way you wrote it reflects how many of us feel...too bad all those "smarties" can read this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. trust me girlfriend, i get what you are saying. if they don't get this passed, my husband is furloughed. don't get me started!!!!
    ohhhh, it's just such an outrage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read you every day and love your blog...and especially this one. I totally agree on leaving politics off my blog...but sometimes you just have to "unload"!!!! You are SO right!!! Tempted to just put a link to your blog and the comment "Yeah...what she said" and make that my blog for the day! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said!!!! Me and CT couldn't agree with you more (and as you know, CT is a federal employee waiting to find out if he still has a job come Monday!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great POST!!! You said what I was feeling!! My hubby works for the govt. and yes he goes in MOn to work but very limited services to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leanne, I came back to blogging & while I was writing, Gaddaffi disappeared & the gov't almost shut down. What the heck is happening?!


    Love the spring look of FCCH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you are saying! We choose to do a job and live our lives with the choices we make. It is a great point when dealing with things like this. If we could all just focus on our choices and do them well things would be so much better. I hope you are doing great my friend! have a super week!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!