It's in the Wind

Artwork by Katie
There are times in my life when I like change. Changing my furniture around, the color of a room, or my hair style. For me, change is good. It’s refreshing, it’s something new, and it’s an opportunity to reinvent.

But there are other times in my life when I like consistency. My favorite toilet paper, my coffee, my job. For me, these things bring me great comfort, make me feel safe, and usually are just as they are.

But consistency is never a given. Really.

And lately, I’ve been thinking about making some changes in the things that are usually constant.

What stops me?

The fear of the unknown. Darn, that ‘unknown’. Always lurking around, telling me to ‘go back to what is safe.’

I’m in a strange mood this week. Feeling a little out of control.

Control. That’s a whole other ball of wax, isn’t it? While talking to my sister earlier today, she hit the nail right on the head with the whole ‘control’ thing. I feel like things are spinning out of control for me this week. And I don’t like it.

There has got to be a silver lining in all of it . . . somewhere.

But . . . where?

Oh, I’m not worried. I’ll find it. I know I will. I always do.

Until then . . . I’m going to take things nice and slow. Explore. Spread my wings. See where the wind may take me. Want to come along? I’d love to have you . . .

Comments

  1. Soar, baby, soar!! Let whatever wind there is take you higher! Oh the places you'll go!! Control ain't all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy the journey to someplace new!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Leanne, life is one big adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Katie gets her tremendous talent from her mama, don't you? :)

    I, too, am such a creature of habit. It can be so hard to break away from that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh.. great post! And - I completely understand. I am a little kooky this week. Must be something in the water!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!