Amazing . . . *sigh*

One of the good things about my recent change of employment status is . . . time. Most of the employed world, not to mention mothers in the employed world, don't have time. And I, my friends, am soaking in it.

Not having a job to go to has allowed me to uncork some long-bottled-up energy.

And today, time was again on my side. With a whole day open, the girls and I decided at the early morning hours that this would be another Art Day (yippieee! I squealed.) I long lost the desire to plan coordinated craft days, and am enjoying the freedom our recent art days have allowed.

And I am happy.

So happy.

My mind is in motion, and images of inspiring pieces are flying in and out of my head. I think I have bottled up my artistic side for so long, that it's taken me a while to let it out. But now, it's flowing steadily.

The work I shared with you yesterday is from a series I am calling "Times in my Life . . ." and while I shared bits of three pieces with you (dream, wonder and peace), I have many many more planned.

Today, I worked on another series I am calling "One Day . . . ". With about 10 other parts of this series, here is just a bit of what I did today.


Tomorrow (perhaps), I have plans for "Listen . . .", my third mixed media series.

Before I leave, here is one quick story for the road. About PG (the husband, Phil).

PG is a good man. I am blessed beyond words for walking through this life with him by my side (and if you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I mean that wholeheartedly.) He understands my need to create, and always encourages me in doing so. But I'm not sure he understands my desire to be SUCCESSFUL in it - to be REALLY successful in it - and to want to make a living at it. None of this makes him a bad person, it's just what it is.

He is out of town right now, and called this morning for his daily "Good Morning" call. Surprisingly, he read my blog last night (which does not usually happen) and he saw the art work I shared in yesterdays post. "Did you make those, honey? Those pictures in your post last night? Was that something you painted?" he asked. "Yes, honey, those are mine. I made those," I answered . . . not sure what his reply would be. "Honey, those are amazing. Like, those look professional. Really, A-MAZING," he said.

AMAZING.

*sigh*

That feels good.

Because, I am an artist, after all.

Have a great day, friends. May all your dreams come true . . .

Comments

  1. You are on your path, sweet thing. SO very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so I missed your post from last night. So I 'll just leave you one big comment here!!

    LOVE your work. I have been wondering why you didn't do more of this. I remember when you did the 31 Days Challenge and you created that painting...I loved it!! And I kept thinking "Leanne is sooo talented". Girl, you sound amazing, refreshed and re-energized and ready to GO!!!!

    What an example to your daughters, too.

    Oh and sweets...you probably have guessed by now that I won't be heading to Chicago this August...money is so tight. But that's okay because we are gonna save and save and go another time. We WILL meet!! I KNOW that. And you never know when you and the fam could come visit Kansas City!!! Hint, hint.

    Love to you my artsy friend!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so INSPIRING! Now I wish I could get my time back ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend I hope you use this time to really enjoy all the things that you have always wanted to do, but could not because of time. This is your time to fill your dreams and to simply smile. You are so talented and have so much inside of you. Take this time to take care of you and fill your soul. I wish you all the best my friend! Have a gread night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well gee yeah - they are, and you are.

    But why don't I get that crafty artistic urge?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!