An Artist

Ever since I can remember, I wanted to be an artist.

If someone asked me that ever famous "what do you want to be when you grow up?" question, my answer was always the same.

An Artist.

The sound of a paint brush clinking against a water glass as it is being cleaned, the smell of paints in the air, and the movement of a paint brush across a canvas is the exact feeling I imagine a great conductor must get when holding a baton.

An Artist.

That's what I have always wanted to be. And now, I am going to do just that.

Today, I painted . . . for hours. My kitchen table looked like a brilliant mastermind was at work. Katie, Ella and I painted and cut and glued and created all afternoon, and we enjoyed every second of it. I decided this is the time. Months ago I had a vision of a series of mixed-media pieces to work on, but time got in the way and I never had a chance to produce them. Today, I started. And it was thrilling to see my vision come out on the canvas board. Yes, this is the beginning. I feel it.

My line is whimsy meets inspiration . . . little pieces of originals and prints to inspire, motivate and remind us of the blessings in our lives. A little something that can be placed in the home or office that will make you smile. Think of it as a little bit of me hanging on your wall. (Ok, maybe you shouldn't think of it that way. That's a little strange.)

While we were creating, I shared my ideas and dreams with Katie. Katie, my #1 fan and the best supporter a person could ask for, listened as I talked about selling my work on 'the computer' and maybe even making a little extra money. She said, "Oh, Mom . . . that's just perfect! You could stay home forever and paint and paint and paint." I think she knows that is exactly what I would like to do.

After finishing one piece, I showed it to her and asked her opinion. "Mommy . . . I don't like it. No, I don't like it. Mom . . . I LOVE IT!!!!!" She was very curious how much I would sell this particular piece for, and I told her I wasn't sure. And she quickly excused herself from our art table. Seconds later she returned with all the change out of her piggy bank, and some crumbled up dollar bills. "Here, Mom. I want to give you all the money I have for this painting, because I want to keep it forever . . . and this way, you can still stay home with us."

Yes, friends. Everything happens for a reason.

So, I'm on a new journey. My ARTIST journey. And this is so exciting to me. I am looking into setting up a shop on Etsy and would like to sell my work there (just think - YOU could be the proud owner of a Leanne original!), but I have a great deal of research to do before then. (If you sell your handmade work on Etsy - can you leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts - or perhaps send an email to chaostohappiness@gmail.com. I appreciate your opinion!)

So it was a VERY productive (life changing, I would say) weekend in our home. I am focused. I am excited. I am creating. And it feels . . . wonderful! 

Here is just a peek of what I did today.



Keep your fingers crossed for me . . . I am looking forward to seeing where this path takes me.

Because, you see . . . I am an artist.

Here's hoping whatever journey you have ahead is filled with piggy banks and happiness.

Comments

  1. Wow, that is so inspirational, Leanne - you are living your dream at last. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Leanne, it's GORGEOUS!!! I would be so thrilled and proud to own, display and show off one of your pieces -- absolutely do the Etsy store! This is your moment -- seize it ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pieces you have created! Full of life and joy and happiness! I'm so excited for you my friend! Wishing you tons of luck as you embark on your artistic journey! ~Hugs, Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im soooo HAPPY for you!!! These pieces look awesome!!! And Etsy store will do great!!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A - MAZING! Seriously - wonderful, inspirational, fabulous, creative, beautiful - work! Keep moving forward! Im so excited for your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leanne! I am sitting here with tears in my eyes because you are following your bliss! You are doing what you are supposed to be doing! Congrats, baby. Let us know when you have that shop set up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow girl! That is VERY good work! I can't wait to see (and maybe even purchase??) some more of your work! NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely buy your artwork, and not because we are related... but, now that I'm thinking about it, are you going to give family discounts???? LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not just Katie who would love to give you money for your work... count me in that category as well! I have an etsy site and have foudn it very simple to set up and manage... my problem is finding time to make items to populate the store. :-) E-mail me if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS is what you were born to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Wow WOW! I am thrilled that you let your inner artist out again! Oh, how I wish I had the painting you made for me when I was in college :( -- you're going to be (more) famous some day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am catching up on my blog reading... and all I can say is WOW!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

    I am so excited for you my friend. I could just cry. It is like you finally opened up to all the things that you are so talented with in your life. The wonderful energy that came through your blog is overwhelming.

    You are an amazing Artist, with such gifts. I can't wait to say, "I knew her when...."

    Thanks for bringing my smiles today! Happy creating...

    2E

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am catching up on my blog reading... and all I can say is WOW!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

    I am so excited for you my friend. I could just cry. It is like you finally opened up to all the things that you are so talented with in your life. The wonderful energy that came through your blog is overwhelming.

    You are an amazing Artist, with such gifts. I can't wait to say, "I knew her when...."

    Thanks for bringing my smiles today! Happy creating...

    2E

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am catching up on my blog reading... and all I can say is WOW!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

    I am so excited for you my friend. I could just cry. It is like you finally opened up to all the things that you are so talented with in your life. The wonderful energy that came through your blog is overwhelming.

    You are an amazing Artist, with such gifts. I can't wait to say, "I knew her when...."

    Thanks for bringing my smiles today! Happy creating...

    2E

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so excited that I entered my comments three times :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!