Moving Forward and Lessons Learned

Another week has passed, my friends. Another seven days of life has been lived to the fullest. Another 168 hours of laughter, of painting, of friends, of good food, of smiles, of snuggles, of the Disney Channel, of sleeping, of laundry, of Keurig coffee makers and watching hurricane news on the telly.

I love my birdies! Yep, this little beauty will be available and for sale very soon!
I'm amazed at how, week after week, the lessons become even more and more valuable to my life. Here's a look at some of my lessons last week.

  • I can not work on my creative biz when the kids are around. Why not? Because I seem to have ended up with 200 business cards that are MISSING MY NAME (Yes, it's true. The 1,001 interruptions got the best of me.) I remembered the biz name, the blog address, email address, even the snazzy QR code for smartphones containing my contact info. But name??? Nope . . . totally missed it. Ah, well. I've ordered the next set . . . last night, when the girls were sleeping.
  • While I am sometimes bothered that PG travels so often for work, I am so very grateful that he is so hard working and successful. Very proud of that man!
  • I adore my sister-in-law, Maria, because as the rest of the east coast was glued to the TV watching the news for the pending hurricane information, Maria was baking cookies . . . for a barbeque that she was having Friday evening. And she lives in Staten Island. LOVE this girl and she cracks me up!
  • I AM an artist. Really. My living room proves it. My art work has taken over the house, and I feel like a regular Van Gogh!
  • I am constantly amazed at this blog community and am so grateful for dear blog friends who will remind me when I am not being true to the person I am and who will speak up. (Thank you Lady Jennie!)
  • People can change . . . and I have seen it first hand. And it can be good . . . when you always thought it couldn't be.
  • Not everyone will totally understand when you are trying to do something new with your life . . . something that is not the norm . . . and that is ok. You have to listen to your dreams and follow them, and leave the doubters behind.
  • Not having the stress of my job has lifted the fog that has been over me for years, and I can actually enjoy the little moments in life. It feels pretty darn good.
  • My daughters are getting bigger . . . and older. They are become these amazing women who I am so very proud of.
I am sure there were lots more, but these are some that stick out in my mind right now.

How about you? Any lessons learned last week? Leave me a comment and let me know . . . I'd love to hear about them.

Comments

  1. I had a good week overall..I, too am learning and growing. I am trying to draw. I have all these ideas in my head...so hard for me to get down on canvas sometimes.

    I think when I'm truly being me in my art is when I take words and phrases and scriptures and quotes that truly speak to me and create from there.

    I am trying to organize and pick-up...when my world is in chaos I cannot create!!

    I make lots of list.
    I breathe deep.
    I listen to music.
    I walk in the sun.

    I am taking one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PPS...I LOVE your new blog look!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the new banner!!!:O) You need to give me lessons:O) Im glad you are embracing the free time, I love mine and all the great memories i make with my teens, at that age Im trying to just catch any moment:O)What have i learned??
    Live in the moment
    Not stress over what i cannot control
    Im always learning this one- Not listen to negative people:O) Have a great day!!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey you! i have been off the radar for awhile, and come back to find this beautiful art, and you are opening an etsy shop! good for you leanne...and i love your paintings...
    you go, girl!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you friend. The fact that your house is full of art makes my heart happy...because that what makes you happy.
    Keep on with your bad self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can't wait to see you...I'm reading all these creative posts and hearing the clear voice of my dear friend. I want to give you a great big hug and welcome you back! I'm soooo proud of you and I can't wait to show it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!