New Beginnings . . .

I know that I promised you Part 3 of our Big Apple trip . . . and don't worry, I will be bringing it to you in a day or two. I just needed a break from the whole New York City visit right now. My head is focused on a million and one things today, and I wanted to share them all with you (well, maybe not all million and one things . . . I'll share just a few.)

I'm planning my future, you see. Cleaning up the blog. Researching and working on my creative biz. Dreaming. Believing. Focusing.

All of those things that I've needed so badly in my life.

I'm doing them.

I feel scared. I feel excited. I feel overwhelmed. I feel hopeful. I feel confident. I feel weak. I feel capable. I feel inadequate. I feel . . . it all.

I guess that is what happens when you take a chance on yourself. All your emotions come to the surface. Some of them are positive. Some of them are not. But they are all good . . . in one way or another. And I think it's most important that I acknowledge all of them . . . then move on.

I am trying to clean up the blog - make it a little easier on the eyes. Not as busy. Changing the header here or there, and cleaning up the pages. What do you think? ( . . . please let me know in the comments. I need your help and feedback.) I created a new blog button that you can grab at the right, if you'd like. I wanted to do something a little different (and not yet sure I like the idea of my mug being on it, but what the heck, I'll try it out. What do you think?) I have toyed with the idea of switching over to wordpress, but think I am going to hang tight on blogger a little bit. I'd love to pay a designer to come up a with a real snazzy website for me, but that might have to come down the line. (It's a great thing to put on my 'goals' list.)

Speaking of which, I'm all over my "Goals" list. I'm dreaming . . . and writing it down. All of them. My dreams to one day be published in a magazine, my wish to make a living selling my art, my hope to teach my daughters that 'yes, you can follow your dreams (even at the age of 40) and they CAN come true'. Yes, my Goals. I have a short term list, and a long term list. And I am working on them. One day at a time.

I will share just one photo with you from the NYC trip today . . . a shot the PG took from the ferry as he and my nephew headed into Manhattan on a foggy, wet Sunday. But it's a beautiful picture. I just love it.


What a symbol, Lady Liberty is. A symbol of Hope. A perfect photo for this post, don't you think?

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. I'll be back soon with the final installment of our Big Apple trip, and more!

Happy Day!

Comments

  1. Holy Cow Leanne, there's a lot of stuff going on in that head of yours, whew, I don't think I can keep up.

    As far as your blog design goes, I'm impressed you can create a blog button and have that cute header. I can no way even attempt something so creative.

    You're an AWESOME mom so no worries there.

    And I think that would be wonderful if you can publish something in a magazine, but really, I KNOW it will happen. So settle down there Missy and don't be so hard on yourself!

    You're WAY ahead of me on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your dreams. And you know that I am behind you 100%, right? YES!!

    I really love the color you chose for your background. Your new blog button is pretty darn cute. Love your new slogan, too.

    I think you should do what your heart tells you to do. Period.

    Love ya', girl:)

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Your goals are both doable and challenging all rolled into one! PERFECT!

    As for the blog - I finally decided to go a little more simple (background) and just go with color. I agree - keeping things simple, less busy!

    OH Leanne.. I am soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This giddiness inside me right now, thinking of you moving forward, wish I could put a word on it. Guess I'll have to show you in person.

    Think, Feel, Be. You're living that!! Does it make sense now?

    You are 100% right about needing to acknowledge all those feelings. The not so good ones are there for a purpose. They help you to ask the right questions so you have greater confidence when you move ahead with what you decide. They are just road signs, Sweetie!!

    I'm so excited about your Etsy shop, I'm LOVING your blog. I LOVE the cleanness of it. It doesn't distract, it focuses.

    Yeeesssssssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of the new look! Can't wait until you get the shop up and running! I know you will succeed at this and I'm behind you 100%!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend Leanne, I can't believe you were in the Big Apple and did not look me up. :) Next time let me know and we will meet you for coffee and cake. I have been through your posts and I am so happy to see your bright smile throughout. What a fun trip! The weather has been beautiful! It looks like a wonderful family trip! Right now I have poison ivy all over and I can't move my neck at all, so I have been blogging less. But when I stop itching and can move again you will see me commenting again. :) Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm - I like the uncluttered look, but if you don't mind one comment, I think it's too sterile for you. You're oozing creativity and the new look doesn't show it. What if you added just a bit more?

    Is it ok to tell you that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!