The Big Apple - Take 1

Ok, my friends . . . time to bore enlighten you with a million photos (part one only, oh, yes . . . there will be more to follow) of our trip to the BIG APPLE!  I am having a hard time editing them . . . but managed to somehow pull out the highlights of the 800+ photos I have to choose from. (Seriously).

Every road trip has got to start with a visit to Starbucks (must up the caffeine when driving 1000+ miles, you know?)  We visited many of them along the way, as we headed out east . . . to Pennsylvania. Speaking of Pennsylvania . . . if you are from there, PLEASE add a few Starbucks along I-80. It would mean so much, ok? Thanks.
After a brief overnight rest in Youngstown, Ohio, we headed straight to HERSHEY, PA., and better yet - CHOCOLATE WORLD. Seriously, if the good Lord was ever going to take me from this world, let it be after having a visit to Chocolate World!
There at Chocolate World, we put the girls to work and made our very own personalized chocolate candy bar. Don't they look like the cutest lunchroom ladies you have ever seen?
Here you get to select exactly what type of chocolate you want your chocolate bar to be (dark, milk or white), and what type of "insides" you'd like (candied raspberries, almonds, butter toffee, cookie dough or chocolate chips.)
Then before your very eyes, you watch the whole process of your bar being made. Very cool, I must say!
After creating your own personalized box cover, you are handed the goods. Love this picture of Ella below. I mean, she is CUTE, don't you think?
We met up with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and my beautiful, energetic, amazingly hysterical nephew, CARLO!!!! I LOVE THIS BOY! He's 2 . . . and man alive, I forgot what it was like to have a toddler in the house! The girls just adored their cousin!!!
We saw a few rainbows along the way.
And stopped to have dinner with the Pennsylvania Amish.
After heading to Hoboken, New Jersey, where we stopped at Carlo's Bake Shop (AKA: Cake Boss!)
The line was long and it was packed . . . but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! Buddy and his sister Mary were there that day, filming for their TLC show. It was pretty cool.
My nephew, Brandon, has his picture taken with Mary. She was so sweet and is so pretty!
Here is a sample of what you can bring home from Carlo's.
And while we didn't bring any of those, we did manage to take a few things with us.
After that, we found our way (finally) to my sister-in-laws home, where we ate dinner . . . from Brothers Pizza in Staten Island . . . WHITE PIE. (Yummmm).
And straight to bed we went. The next morning, PG and Brandon took a walk to the neighborhood bagel place and brought bagels home for breakfast (yes, carb overload this trip.)
And we hopped a ferry to Manhattan. I think arriving to Manhattan by way of ferry is the most beautiful introduction to the city.
It was windy as could be on this ride . . . I almost thought we were in our hometown (the Windy City).
There she is . . .
After another brief stop at Starbucks . . .
. . . we found ourselves in the heart of Times Square.
And took a double decker bus ride to take in the sights and sounds of this magnificent city.
Oh, and you've heard of New York style cheesecake, right? Well . . . here's a look at it . . .
And an even closer look . . .
I'll be back with more tomorrow, when I'll share our hotel room view, our trip to Madame Tussaud's, and more! (Yes, there is more). Thanks for letting me go on about our trip - it was a pretty great time and I am so glad to share it with you!

Hope you're enjoying any adventure you go on today!

Comments

  1. What an absolutely fun time!!! I am so glad you and your family got to go on this grand adventure, Leanne! I am so impressed with your brush with celebrity too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these photos, Leanne!! How fun and exciting to see Cake Boss!! A friend of mine LOVES that show...

    I feel like I'm there with you.

    I love seeing you and your family....

    Have an amazing day, Sweetie!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DO know how to tell a story!! I bet you guys have some funny pics at the museum. can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH girl you guys know how to vacation!! Just LOOK at all the fun places! I want to make my own chocolate bar and eat cheesecake!! Wow oh wow what FUN!!

    Your girls are sooooo sooooo adorable! What a darling family you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lot of fun so far! I was driving on the PA turnpike on Tuesday and saw a rainbow too! I wonder if we were seeing the same one??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous, fun, family and food-filled festival! All the good things in life! Looks absolutely superb... can't wait to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so where is my white pie and where is my cheesecake?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Super great pics! You've made me want to visit NYC even MORE now!!! You and your family are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband used to ride the ferry every day - we got a cheap apt in SI and he worked on Wall Street.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!