Melancholy Me


Feeling a little pensive today.

So much to do.
But not feeling like doing much of anything.

The excitement of my creative biz has temporarily stalled,
as I have discovered some copyright issues with the scrapbook paper I am using in my art work. 
I will need to recreate 20 of the pieces I've put my heart and soul into,
in order to sell them on Etsy.
My own carelessness . . . I clearly should have thought about it before.
But, that's what happens when starting something new that you have no idea about. 

Makes me question myself. 
And I don't like that. 

The laundry is done.
The girls are growing, evolving, and thriving, just as should be.
PG returned home last night from another business trip, 
and I've only discovered that the next couple of months will be much of the same
(his traveling.)  
And I am here. 

I do have The Creative Connection coming up . . .
which I am so looking forward to. 
But right now,
I'm overwhelmed with starting this dream of mine,
that the hurdles ahead seem almost unbearable.  

I wonder why some people have that courage, and I fear?
Those inner whispers are too quiet for me to hear today.

Never fear, my friends.
For I need to work through all of these things.
And I will.
With time.
By putting it out there.
Acknowledging it.
And moving forward.

I am escaping to the Cellar with my dearest creative friends on Saturday.

Poor girls . . . I need them more than ever.

How are your dreams today?
Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. Leanne, I have read every single one of your last 4 posts and twice tried to comment but my gmail keeps telling me I'm signed into the wrong account (which, I don't think so). Anyway, every artist has bumps. It's the fact that you overcome them that matters. That's all. There's not even any time pressure about it.

    Okay let me now go and apply my brilliant advice to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Leanne. I feel this way 95% of the time I swear. It's funny because I think you're like me this way...our writing we are good with putting out there and going for it but then our art...scary!!

    Sorry about the set back. That just plain stinks. DARN IT!! But I know you and I KNOW this bump will not stop you...oh, no it won't.

    Thank you friend for the kind words and concern about Dave. I sure do love that guy and I was so worried. He is better today!!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it...stupid copyright laws.
    Let this not discourage you from achieving your dream. Lots of great businesses had many mountains and mistakes to figure out before they made it. You can do this. This is something you're passionate about. Isn't it better that you had mistakes than to have never tried at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fear is just you thinking about the hurdle that's a 1/4 mile down the track instead of thinking about the one you need to overtake next. Consider only the one that's directly in front of you; only one hurdle at a time, my dear.

    I have an idea re: those already completed pieces. Let's talk Saturday before you do anything drastic.

    And always remember that if you didn't have these setbacks, you wouldn't be as sure of yourself when you make the decision to move forward. You're doing the right thing, Leanne. You are incredibly talented and you can make this business go way beyond thriving...it will be profitable.
    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just now getting caught up on blogs - and lord have mercy... I feel your pain. Is it in the air?? I am just tredding water until something happens..

    I am soo sorry you had some creative hiccups.. but never fear! You will jump over that hurdle in no time!

    I believe in YOU! PS - I am going to respond to your last email in the morning. took a muscle relaxer today and I am stupified!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there:O) We all have creatives bumps all the time.Hugs p.s Im still dreaming my dreams:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. E-mail me on that copyright issue... maybe I can help you find a solution? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!