The Big Apple - Take 3

Greetings friends and traveling followers! Time to return to New York today, for our third (and final, thank goodness) installment of "The Big Apple". Today I'll share just a few more highlights of our trip, and wrap it up nicely with our accomplishments at the end of our travels to the East Coast. As always, I thank you for indulging me and allowing me to share these moments with you. I hope you have enjoyed the glimpse into my life . . . however silly it may be.

So, let us begin. . .

Ella took her very first taxi cab ride this trip. She kept whispering things into my ear to tell the driver, like, "Tell him my sister's named Katie," and "tell him I like Pokemon cards," and "tell him I like cotton candy ice cream." All messages I delivered promptly, to a rather confused man. Our driver was very sweet, though, and even stopped long enough for me to take a photo of Ella outside of the cab.

We loved our dinner in Little Italy . . .

 And loved our dessert in Little Italy even more . . .

After leaving Manhattan, PG and Brandon were not done with their adventures. PG took Brandon to Coney Island to see the legendary boardwalk. Though much of it declined after WWII, it still was a fun day for them.

And, of course, any visit to Coney Island would not be complete without lunch at Nathan's Hot Dogs.  

Ella joined them for a lovely lunch . . .

Mmmmmm . . .

Next they enjoyed a visit to Ralph's Famous Italian Ices. Are you from the NY area? Do you know Ralph's? If not . . . LOOK IT UP! Seriously. It's heaven.

That night, we returned home to an amazing night of friends and family. These ladies make me laugh like no other, and always make me feel right at home (even though it may be years between my visits with them). . .

And Katie and Ella fit right in with all the kids. We are so very blessed.

We took a last adventure in the city the day before we were scheduled to leave. This time, the weather was not on our side, and it rained like I have never seen before. PG and Brandon braved the storm and went to visit the Statue of Liberty (I don't know how they managed this. I guess it's just that determination . . .)

A bit soggy and damp, they ventured to NBC Tower for a behind the scene tour of the comings and goings of the network (including a visit to the Dr. Oz studio, and the Saturday Night Live studio.) Photos were not allowed on the tour, but PG was able to snatch a quick shot of him at Mr. Roker himself. He cracks me up!

While the boys were getting wet in the city, the girls and I went to the American Girl Doll Store. We do this about once a year (or once every other year). This was really the first time Ella got to experience the store, and her eyes were as bright and happy as could be looking at all the dollies.

We enjoyed a special tea and luncheon . . .

With our dolls, of course (don't you love the matching outfits? I bought them at Kmart and they were $19.99 for both the dress and the doll dress. SO cute!)


We really had a wonderful time. Every single step of the way. And . . . I think we did it all.

We laughed, we cried. We laughed until we cried. We ate. We drank. We celebrated.  

We explored. We learned.

We hugged. We lived.

We connected.

We loved.
We survived New York City.
And better yet.

New York City survived US!
Until next time . . . : )

Comments

  1. Ahhhh, I could look at your pictures all day as well as relive your NY experience over and over again!

    What a fun and amazing trip you guys had, not to mention all the great food you got to EAT!

    Thanks for sharing your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do feel like I went , too. Nice recap, Leanne! The girls with their dolls are priceless and I have always wanted to go to Coney Island!!!

    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Les

    PS....I can't wait to see your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful! I feel like I went on a trip to NYC with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! PLEASE TELLS THOSE GIRLS OF OURS TO SLOW DOWN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you and you're family had a really great time Leanne. What a fun trip and thank you for bringing us along :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they really get rid of the C.I. rollercoaster?

    I love the American dolls outfits - how cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!