The Biggest Thing I've Learned This Week

Greetings, my lovely friends, and happy Saturday morning wishes to all of you. It is Saturday, isn't it? I ask because I find myself in some sort of vacation fog right now. You know the kind . . . When you ride in a car for over 1,000 miles to get somewhere, with your kids, your husband, your nephew and your mother, then you reach your destination and for the life of you, you can't figure out why, in the name of the Lord, you ever decided to do this to begin with. So each day thereafter turns into one big ol'emotional melt down after another and you dream of your little ol'house and warm bed and wonder if you'll ever make it back there.

Yes, that's me right about now. And yes, I've learned a great deal this week. None of which I'll bore you with right now. Oh, except this ... I have learned that there IS NO PLACE like home. Yep. So so true.

Ok, let me add some positive energy into the mix. I have also learned that

  1. NY Cheesecake is pretty awesome
  2. Seeing NY through the eyes of my 16 year old nephew for the first time is pretty cool
  3. I adore my sister-in-law and brother-in-law sooooo much and wish, like crazy, that we lived closer to them
  4. my kids are pretty darn fantastic
  5. I like Hershey chocolate . . . A LOT
  6. taking a road trip with the hubby one day after he returns from a 1 month business trip - not such a good idea
  7. I miss not talking to my sister every day, and just spending a short time on the phone with her last night did wonders for my spirit
  8. I do NOT have a midwesterner accent, even though New Yorkers may think I do ;)
  9. I do really love the spirit of Manhattan, and wish I had the courage to follow my dreams 20 years ago and move here and
  10. Life, even when a little stressful, is SO SO GOOD. So, there you gave it.
I haven't done any blog reading, and promise to be back mid-next week. It's crazy, though, how often I think of all of you. I hope you are finding much peace where ever the adventures of your days are taking you. Much love, dear friends.

Comments

  1. Delighted to know there's delight in your trip, in spite of all the baggage.
    And so glad to know that the chat with Sissy helped.
    And I love Hershey's, too. Sometimes more than the expensive stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! I know what you mean about no place like home. You might recall, last year I came home from a trip, and hugged my own refrigerator for a good amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are having fun. (Sure - there will be a little 'getting on your nerves stress' - but it's all good.)

    Can't wait to see your pics from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know I dreamed of living in Manhatten myself and saw myself going to the Fame school and then head to Broadway:)

    I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis -I love this post! Are you bring me home any NY cheesecake (since you did not buy me a mug at the Cake Boss's bakery)??? I definitely missed our daily talks, especially this week. And I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO miss the girls!!! Can't wait to see you guys when you get home! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last couple of weeks sound as they have been rather stressful Leanne, I think time spent with your family is so much more important than worrying about not blogging Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You're visiting the BIG APPLE, how fun!

    Thanks for checking in and we'll see ya when you return! Looking forward to pictures and some adventure tails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back (almost). Glad you had fun in my old stomping ground.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!