The Twitch


My eye is twitching like crazy today.

Twitch. Twitch. Twitch.

It does that when I am stressed. Or nervous. Or tired.

I must be stressed. And nervous. And tired.

I have been reading and researching starting a business this week, reading and reading, researching and researching.

I am afraid.

"Afraid of what?" you ask.

Failure.

It's a big thing, that whole "FAILURE" thing. It has kept me out of a creative business my whole adult life. It has quietly told me that I wasn't good enough, wasn't smart enough, wasn't talented enough. It is the thing that has kept me from being the best person I can be.

Twitch. It's happening now, as I type this post.

Twitch.

A few minutes ago, I gave my eye the ol'stare down.

This time, I'm not giving in to the twitch.

Because this time, I have nothing to lose.

What would I do if I knew I could not fail?

Oh, my friends . . . I would do it all.

Twitch.

Ever have the twitch?

Just wondering.

I think I'll have a Grand Opening of my Etsy shop sale . . . when I open it.

Will you come? Oh, I hope you stop by.

I'll keep you posted.

Stay tuned . . .
twitch.

Comments

  1. I think eye twitching is random but what an annoyance! I must say though, you do have BEAUTIFUL eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already getting dressed up in anticipation of the new shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will be there, dearie!!! You know it.

    Look at us?! We started out Blog adventures, finding each other nearly 2 years ago...now look at where we are headed. I love this!!

    Oh I can't wait to meet you one day. Maybe our creative endeavors will get us together:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe that one can fail if they TRY. Failure to me means that it was never even given a chance. Now, things may not turn out the way you envision, plan or want, but *something* will come out of it, and THAT my dear is success! Keep going...you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Leanne those are the exact same fears that have haunted me ever since I can remember. Why do we do this to ourselves? I say GO FOR IT. 'Failure' is just the opportunity to make it even better. You are going to be amazing, I know it! Gorgeous picture btw :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most def I will be there!!!! And the twitching i had that forever which means I was stressed forever:O)I cured it by quitting my job:O) Occasionally it will twitch:O) Love these posts:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne - I'll deffo be there... twitchy eye and all ;-) Yes, I too get the twitch... when I'm stressed, trired and anxious, like today!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make that tired! What exactly is trired.... sounds a bit like an incident involving getting run over by something with huge tires?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be brave my dear friend and you shall succeed!! I will be a great customer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leanne - failure is when you give up . . . U never give up! So - if that is true - then the opposite of that is success!! Which however your final art shows itself and evolves will be successful! Beautiful work by the way!
    RW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here a twitch... there a twitch... everywhere a twitch twitch... Tee hee hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. G'friend...haven't we had that Vitamin B talk about the eye twitch??? And YES, I'll shop Etsy Chaos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!